Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peters canyon reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    I'm sure they wanted you to umbrella rig the damn things at the price they were charging. I think they were also in bed with the swivel companies. If you didn't tie a dozen in-line, your line would look like a telephone cord after three casts.

Here's a good pic of the helicopter lure in action:

I'll put money on it that most youngsters here don't even know what a dial tone phone with a "slinky" cord is...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    I'll put money on it that most youngsters here don't even know what a dial tone phone with a "slinky" cord is...
    DIAL TONE?
    but seriously i checked it out and there are a lot of tules that look super fishy and loaded with bass.. A 50LB bass is just waiting to be caught there!!!

Syphon is owned by the irvine water company. My guess is you have to be a member of the water co. to fish there.

Used to have a black rotary phone hooked up in the living room because I liked the ring.
    In the 90's my kids friends would ask to use the phone and I'd point to it and say
    ' Use that phone ' They would look at it puzzled and ask how to use it. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Used to have a black rotary phone hooked up in the living room because I liked the ring.
    In the 90's my kids friends would ask to use the phone and I'd point to it and say
    ' Use that phone ' They would look at it puzzled and ask how to use it. Lol
    Looking back, you know what I hated about those old phones? You'd be on the phone having an intimate convo with your girlfriend when all of a sudden you'd hear a "click click", then you'd get the audio assault weapon firing in your ear, dadada-dadadadada-dadadada-dadadadada etc. etc., it would be your little sister picking up and dialing without checking if someone else was on the line. Then when the dial tone went out and the new touch tone came in before led screens were put on phones that say "IN USE", she'd blow your ear drum to the other side of your head from the screeching tone of each button pushed. Kids got it good these days, they have no use for land lines at all. And don't even get me started about the carnage that occurred when those "slinky" cords got major line twist. I'd just tell my mom the dog got the phone...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 01-29-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbfish View Post
    DIAL TONE?
    but seriously i checked it out and there are a lot of tules that look super fishy and loaded with bass.. A 50LB bass is just waiting to be caught there!!!

Man, it's been nearly 40 years since I last ninja'd, or seen that pond. But there where huge pigs then, and I'm sure there are huge pigs there now...

They were there in the '70's too. Haha, and they had some big pigs in there too. Back then you could see the Irvine ranch security coming from a long ways away. There was nothing out there except hills, trees, and cows. Indeed, the good old days...
    Hawgz, leave your human-animal husbandry experiences out of this.

Good luck fishing Peter's.... There's a HIGH chance of getting busted. There are houses on one side of the lake and roads line 2 of the other sides. If you can do it there's fish... I wouldn't...

I fished it about 12 years ago ,there's only a few spots u can get access to fish, we fished during the day , trying to hide , fished it about 5 times till we were caught by the park ranger who was a total dick, called the cops so they could write us a ticket for fishing closed waters and took our gear away and kept it till we had proof we paid the fine, cost about 300 bucks and had to show up in court, But I tell you it was worth every penny every fish was 5lbs plus, catching 3lb crappie on full size spinner baits it was ridiculous, When I went to get my rods back @ santiago park office, there was a Pile of about 30 rods there lol from all the other fallen ninjas, one of my rods was not there so I looked for the nicest one and gave the ole "there it is" got me a nice shimano baitcaster...lol...If your gonna you would have to float tube @ night if u got the huevos,, there are mountain kittys out there.

Quote Originally Posted by whopperstopper View Post
    I fished it about 12 years ago ,there's only a few spots u can get access to fish, we fished during the day , trying to hide
    so you didnt ninja it? so maybe like 11pm-4 am would be better? lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast