Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peters canyon reservoir

Default Peters canyon reservoir

Anybody fished this? Ive heard there are huge bass. And also, I've read about helicopter lures and banjo minnows and heard that they are illegal? If anybody has info please share. Thanks in advance *Jbfish*

Quote Originally Posted by Jbfish View Post
    Anybody fished this? Ive heard there are huge bass. And also, I've read about helicopter lures and banjo minnows and heard that they are illegal? If anybody has info please share. Thanks in advance *Jbfish*
    Specific lures illegal? Ha ha ha ha. That's something lure companies say to make you want their newest gimmick. I see nothing in the Fish and Game Code regarding Banjo Minnows and (almost chokes just remembering the damn thing) THE HELICOPTER LURE! I have caught more bass using a wacky rigged hotdog than I have even heard of being caught on the helicopter lure, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    I have caught more bass using a wacky rigged hotdog than I have even heard of being caught on the helicopter lure, lol.
    That's because you didn't use the Alabama Rig with your Helicopter Lures.

Read it in the book.

If Roland Martin uses it, it must be legit! lol

Damn you guys!!! Hahahahhaha has anybody fished the reservoir????

Never fished it, but looking on Gmaps, there may be access from the west side. I used to mountain bike there a lot and always wanted to fish it. It looks very very fishy. There are No Trespassing signs but who's to say it can't be ninjitsued. Just an interesting side note is that back in the 80's there were two Peters Canyon Lakes. Jerk Irvine Co drained the lower one that had easy access. We saw carcasses of huge bass and carp. Jerks didn't even bother to transplant them. I now wish I had fished it. I was just more into saltwater then.
    Last edited by GhettoBasster; 01-29-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    That's because you didn't use the Alabama Rig with your Helicopter Lures.

Read it in the book.

I'm sure they wanted you to umbrella rig the damn things at the price they were charging. I think they were also in bed with the swivel companies. If you didn't tie a dozen in-line, your line would look like a telephone cord after three casts.

Here's a good pic of the helicopter lure in action:

Last edited by Skyler; 01-29-2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Stupid sexy Flanders...

Bahahaha.. I'm picturing someone paying for an RC helicopter, then looking in horror as a huge 9 lb lmb pulls it into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    Never fished it, but looking on Gmaps, there may be access from the west side. I used to mountain bike there a lot and always wanted to fish it. It looks very very fishy. There are No Trespassing signs but who's to say it can't be ninjitsued. Just an interesting side note is that back in the 80's there were two Peters Canyon Lakes. Jerk Irvine Co drained the lower one that had easy access. We saw carcasses of huge bass and carp. Jerks didn't even bother to transplant them. I now wish I had fished it. I was just more into saltwater then.
    They were there in the '70's too. Haha, and they had some big pigs in there too. Back then you could see the Irvine ranch security coming from a long ways away. There was nothing out there except hills, trees, and cows. Indeed, the good old days...

10. Default

The nearby Syphon Reservoir is open only to members of a local OC bass club. Anyone know the name of that club or how to join it? No, it's not a ninja club, lol.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast