Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Historical Trout and othe Fish Stocking Information...free eBook

1. Default Historical Trout and othe Fish Stocking Information...free eBook

Found this on Google:

"Biennial Report - Fish and Game Commission"
    http://books.google.com/books?id=FLt...sec=frontcover

This thing is quite old, with stocking reports dating back to 1909-1912. There is some interesting information on there about certain creeks and rivers within SoCal that were stocked at the time, including with the amount of fish. Enjoy!

Thanks for posting that. It makes for some very interesting reading. It is one thing to get the modern-day perspective on what they did back then, but to be able to read what they were actually thinking at the time when introducing new species of fish is fascinating. They were pleased with the success of the early bass plants, because they not only gave a good day of sport, but were so delicious to eat. Being good table fare was a recurring theme when talking about introducing bass, catfish, crappie, bluegill, etc. There was an active commercial market for bass and catfish, even though the catfish market seemed to be centered in the Asian community. The color drawings of salmon and trout were nothing short of art.

It found it interesting to see where they deemed it prudent to lower the bag limit on ducks to only twenty-five.

Fishing tales told here - some true.
    The Best of Fishbreath

I had to laugh when I read in the 1910 report that 14 people were charged with using explosives for fishing.
    Well, at least it’s comforting that today’s poacher has become somewhat more sophisticated.
    Yes, an interesting read, thanks.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    I had to laugh when I read in the 1910 report that 14 people were charged with using explosives for fishing.
    Well, at least it’s comforting that today’s poacher has become somewhat more sophisticated.
    Yes, an interesting read, thanks.

Boom. At least they didn't have bleach to pour in creeks back then, heh.

5. Default

One more free eBook with a decent cali section: http://tinyurl.com/Anglersguide (shortened URL)