Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday 1/27 float tube report

Default Sunday 1/27 float tube report

On the water: 8am
    Off the water: 1pm
    Water temp: 53 degrees in the morning
    Water visibility: 6ft

It was cloudy and windy all morning which made for nice fishing!

I metered a lot of suspended fish in the upper half of the water column. Lots of marks on the fishfinder between 10-15 ft. The two setups I used today were a split shot rig with a berkley mouse tail and on the other rod I had an inflated half-crawler also on a split shot rig. I kicked from the launch ramp to trout island and that's where I got my first fish on the mouse tail. A nice little cookie cutter trout.

Then I proceeded towards the west shore and that's where I spent most of the day. Near the yellow buoy is where I caught most of my fish. It's in front of the 3rd point on the west shore. It was a very consistent bite all morning and mid-day. All but two of my fish were on the pink head/white body mouse tail. The other two were on the inflated half-crawler. When I was heading in to the launch ramp to call it a day I tied on a crankbait to try throwing it in the shallow water near the launch ramp. I managed to nail 3 on the crankbait! The last one jumped in the air and came unbuttoned but whatever. I say that fish counts too

here's the setup i used for the mouse tail rod: 2lb test, #5 split shot 2ft above a #10 owner mosquito hook with a pink head/white body berkley mouse tail

Why is it that 1/2 the people post reports but never say where? wth!

It's like: I caught 3 rainbows today in the center on night crawlers! Why even post!

Why is it that people ***** about a report? (troutsniffer) Its a report.. and it seems to me that there is plenty of info also TIme, water temp, Vis, place where he caught fish, what bait used, and even the pound test line and how it was rigged.. DUDE... What do you need the numbers on the yellow buoy? its a small lake ok...
    -mike..THanks for the report ..

Quote Originally Posted by troutsniffer View Post

It's like: I caught 3 rainbows today in the center on night crawlers! Why even post!
    Strange comment troutsniffer. He is prettly explicit. He tells you from the launch ramp to trout island and takes you to the West Shore and the exact buoy. I hope he doesn't have to tell you Irvine Lake, since that would be too obvious. Anyways, I don't understand your reponse.

Haha
    I was thinking the exact opposite....
    I know exactly where he is referring to
    Thanks for the report!
    I wanted to make it out there today but couldn't get out there..

Irvine Lake ..as the thread title says
    Quote Originally Posted by troutsniffer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ALandsford View Post
    Irvine Lake ..as the thread title says
    Damn Didn't see that it was in the Irvine Thread. It never says that when you see the post pop up in the home section. my bad! Awesome report =)
    Last edited by troutsniffer; 01-27-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Hey Mike! This was a great report. I have never fished Irvine Lake and your description helped me picture location and all...and I've never been there. Very specific man. One of the best reports I've seen for the Vine. Maybe I will hit up the Vine just cuz of you! Be like Mike!

I think this just goes to show what a great report can do...it can convince others to try something new, to take time off work, and spend a day on a new adventure! Way to go Mike!

Tight lines!
    Last edited by Troutin Man; 01-27-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks Mike, great report. Just itchin to go fishin' now!

Great report!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast