Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DFG Stocking

Default DFG Stocking

When the DFG says a particular lake will be stocked the week of Sunday 1/27/13, what does that mean exactly? Is 1/27/13 the beginning of the stocking week or the end of the stocking week? I guess what I'm trying to ask is will the stocking occur between 1/21 - 1/27 or between 1/27 - 2/2?

what lake are you curious about?

I went to the dfg website stocking info also. It was better a year or so ago.now it is too vague.

It means the week of. It can happen any day of that week. I like that. It prevents people swarming the lake with buckets. Gives other anglers and predators in the water a fair shot at the trout :)

Default Week of, means the coming week

Quote Originally Posted by quix View Post
    It means the week of. It can happen any day of that week. I like that. It prevents people swarming the lake with buckets. Gives other anglers and predators in the water a fair shot at the trout :)
    Yeah I like that too, I mostly go on Friday mornings if I don't work and on Saturday morning since the stockings should have taken place by than.

Sunday is considered the first day of the week, stocking occurs any day after.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    what lake are you curious about?
    I was thinking about giving Kenneth Hahn Park Lake a try. Never been there but I noticed it's on the DFG stocking list and it's in my area

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Fever View Post
    Sunday is considered the first day of the week, stocking occurs any day after.
    Thanks! That's what I was wondering