Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lakers suck

OK.....I was a Laker fan back in the 70's-80's. Used to go to games at the forum. I was loving the Three-Peat Riles invented. But after they got rid of Riles, one of the best coaches and basketball minds ever, and later J.West, I said the hell with them. You let go of two former Lakers, with a shitload of basketball insight, and have mediocre talent running the team (with the exception of Jackson) for the past twenty years, this is what you get. They are lost right now. And will be until they rebuild after Kobe. New management is needed, on and off the floor.

I have been a follower of Riles since he left LA and went to NY. Now, in Miami for the last 17 years or so, he has risen to the top of NBA. IMO, Miami has a few championships in them. With a few changes Riles will make (and we all know he is a master of trades), they are being built for several championships. When an owner gives a coach pretty much an open checkbook, for the last 17 years, they are pretty confident that there will be return on investment.

Lakers had a chance to bring back Riles and they didn't. Riles is and always will be a Laker. It is the Lakers who lost out, not Riles.

IMO, had LA kept Riles and West, there would be more banners hanging at Staples and they would not be in the position they are in right now.
    Last edited by EL JEFE; 01-26-2013 at 08:58 AM.

You mean Pat Riley? LOL

Basically all i read you say was youre a bandwagon fan...

Quote Originally Posted by EL JEFE View Post
    OK.....I was a Laker fan back in the 70's-80's. Used to go to games at the forum. I was loving the Three-Peat Riles invented. But after they got rid of Riles, one of the best coaches and basketball minds ever, and later J.West, I said the hell with them. You let go of two former Lakers, with a shitload of basketball insight, and have mediocre talent running the team (with the exception of Jackson) for the past twenty years, this is what you get. They are lost right now. And will be until they rebuild after Kobe. New management is needed, on and off the floor.

I have been a follower of Riles since he left LA and went to NY. Now, in Miami for the last 17 years or so, he has risen to the top of NBA. IMO, Miami has a few championships in them. With a few changes Riles will make (and we all know he is a master of trades), they are being built for several championships. When an owner gives a coach pretty much an open checkbook, for the last 17 years, they are pretty confident that there will be return on investment.

Lakers had a chance to bring back Riles and they didn't. Riles is and always will be a Laker. It is the Lakers who lost out, not Riles.

IMO, had LA kept Riles and West, there would be more banners hanging at Staples and they would not be in the position they are in right now.
    I dont think its entirely on the coach. I think they were successful with Phil Jackson, only because he was the only one who was able to get his teams to play as a team.

Pat Riley is a hall of fame coach, but comon, you have Dwight Howard, Nash, Kobe, and ill even throw in WorldPeace, and they cant even play .500 ball? Yeah, Nash is old, but he still has a high basketball IQ. Everyones bashing Dwight Howard this year, but dont you think hes "soft" this year because he doesnt want to be on the court with a certain individual? I just think nobody on the Lakers likes playing with Kobe. You can put any coach to run that team right now, even Riley, and youll still have the same result. Until they trade Kobe or until he retires, lakers will continue to suck. Which is fine by me...lol
    BTW, did you know that the GSW hired Jerry West as a special consultant this year? Probably the best acquisition theyve made in 25 years!
    Last edited by casting call; 01-26-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinElectrician View Post
    You mean Pat Riley? LOL

Basically all i read you say was youre a bandwagon fan...
    FYI....Pat Riley is commonly referred to as "Riles." OLD school Laker's fans know this

And NO, I am NOT a fan of LAL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by casting call View Post
    BTW, did you know that the GSW hired Jerry West as a special consultant this year? Probably the best acquisition theyve made in 25 years!

My point......HIGH basketball IQ!!

Quote Originally Posted by EL JEFE View Post
    FYI....Pat Riley is commonly referred to as "Riles." OLD school Laker's fans know this

And NO, I am NOT a fan of LAL!!!!
    Ummm, thats funny, cuz Ive been a fan since he was in L.A., and i dont remember him bein referred to as "riles", nor do any of the 8 people Ive asked so far, who have been Lakers fans since the 70's. Must be a pet name, I suppose.

I take that back. One of my cousins just told me that was a name for him since the very early 80's. I stand corrected!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123