Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trout plant 1/22/13

Default Trout plant 1/22/13

Hey everyone, we got our Trout Plant late yesterday afternoon. Do know if it's gonna be a regular thing but the driver said he couldn't give us the exact amount. I do know it was the big truck and the trout were huge!

Was there yesterday from open til close. The day was terribly slow until a shiny truck showed up at the ramp. Tossed a panther martin to limit on 1.5lb to 2.0lb trout in about 45 mins. Began tossing swimbaits and landed a 7lb striper just 20 minutes before close.

Quote Originally Posted by dantwenty2 View Post
    Was there yesterday from open til close. The day was terribly slow until a shiny truck showed up at the ramp. Tossed a panther martin to limit on 1.5lb to 2.0lb trout in about 45 mins. Began tossing swimbaits and landed a 7lb striper just 20 minutes before close.
    Good tip. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pyramidrose View Post
    Hey everyone, we got our Trout Plant late yesterday afternoon. Do know if it's gonna be a regular thing but the driver said he couldn't give us the exact amount. I do know it was the big truck and the trout were huge!
    Doesn't Pyramid only get the regular DFW trout plant?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    Doesn't Pyramid only get the regular DFW trout plant?
    From what i know Yes they only get DFW trout HOWEVER they recieve a larger amount of them and average bigger size trout because of the lakes size and striper population.