Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The big decision....... float tube or kyak?

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanx14 View Post
    is it possible to mount a trolling motor to a tube? i know they make tubes with motors allready in them (http://motorizedu-tubecompany.com/), but if you did mount a TM to your tube how would you control it?

Seriously the more complicated you make it with motors and such the less likley you are to use it as often and the more likley you are to have mechnical problems on the water has been my experience. This is the reason I originally suggested a float tube for starters and building up from there. If you want to add a motor later than go for it but being a float tuber first I think and motor is a bad idea. Most likley you will have to register the tube since it now has a motor on it but someone else may know more about that. There is not a lot of room for motor and battery on a float tube not to mention the weight it will add. Also the prop would be close to your legs, fishing line, stringer or anything else hanging off your tube. Now if the motor is attached to your tube and you start to loose air without knowing it the shaft of your motor could shift right into your legs before you know it.

Good Luck!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RedneckPontoonBoat.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	38864  

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    Exactly! Where can I get mine. :)

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanx14 View Post
    is it possible to mount a trolling motor to a tube? i know they make tubes with motors allready in them (http://motorizedu-tubecompany.com/), but if you did mount a TM to your tube how would you control it?
    Dude, bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by reservoir dog View Post
    I need to get one

As an avid kayak fisherman kayak fishing gets expensive but you cqn hold alot more on a kayak than you can on float tubes I fish in the ocean with my yak and I deff go places that a float tuber most certainly cant, I persi think a kayak gives more options and you can go further on a yak than a float tube with less effort. That my .02

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345