Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: seans shady jig co???

no comment........
    Last edited by DotA; 01-25-2013 at 11:58 PM.

lol nvm...

I'd rather just buy some arkies panfish grubs.. They work quite well.

May I suggest Sierra Slammer's a professionally run lure company with great products. Oh and they are a sponsor of FNN and the owner run's a fine establishment up in the Sierra's.

http://sierraslammers.com/

Well, after reading the complaint...I had to order some. I tried them at Irvine and the orange worked well for me. I was jigging them from the shore with a split shot near the launch ramp. There was one guy doing better than I was but he was using a darker orange from Smokin Jigz that isn't out yet...he gave me some as he had a bag with around 200 of just that color. Worked great but I only caught one 3.2 pounds, the rest were fairly small but there was a LOT of them. When I got home I ordered more of that darker orange one and them were polite and timely.

Hey Seal...I tried those Sierra Slammers at South Lake. I used the cricket color and they worked great! They didn't hold up (I only got 4 fish out of one worm before it was too thrashed to use) as well as some others but that color was hot. I switched over to a Moone worm (pearl pink I think) and it was "hammer down". I was able to use just that one color for 11 fish before it was too thrashed to use. They're not a pretty worm (downright ugly if you ask me) and there's nothing fancy about them...they're not "ribbed" or "tapered" but I used just that one color for a great time up there (3 weeks) until I ran out. Then it was white/yellow minijigs that took over. This year I'll try some of these Smokin Jigz to see how they work. Rod of choice for me was a GLoomis 6'6" from a tube and a 7'6" Mujica from the shore...it helps me got those worm and split shot rigs out farther from the shore (and also popping a bobber and worm, jig, or fly)...gotta love those Phoenix blanks he uses!
    Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    May I suggest Sierra Slammer's a professionally run lure company with great products. Oh and they are a sponsor of FNN and the owner run's a fine establishment up in the Sierra's.

http://sierraslammers.com/

Irvine? Sure it wasn't Canada or Alaska? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DotA View Post
    no comment........
    i saw these guys at gausti snagging fish with there jigs and taking photos of them!... just my two cents!!! Them and Lip Rippers have something in common, They both don't work!!! hehehehe!!

Quote Originally Posted by StonedFisherman View Post
    i saw these guys at gausti snagging fish with there jigs and taking photos of them!... just my two cents!!! Them and Lip Rippers have something in common, They both don't work!!! hehehehe!!
    hey Stoned Fisherman,
    just an FYI this guy you saw was adressed for snagging by the staff and kicked off the team. That type of stuff is no longer tolerated by the team or owners. So on behalf of the pro staff i do appologize for the foul sportsman like actions that previous fisherman displayed.
    have a good one bro and tight lines.

How about weighing in someone else fish at a Irvine Tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by the killa fish taco View Post
    How about weighing in someone else fish at a Irvine Tournament?
    you really want to start with that Aaron, im not even going to start with how many fish ive seen you snag.... or hand off... that issue was addressed too and taken care of by both the owner and irvine staff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast