Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: seans shady jig co???

Quote Originally Posted by gamekiller View Post
    I refuse to give them a hit on the net, so excuse the word-played title. Recently ive been seeing more posts with this company here and other forums, however, wasn't this company caught posting false pictures of fish, basically lying to everyone saying they were caught on their jigs(when they weren't)?? It baffles me how the hell people can continue to support a business like that....disgusting

wake up people!!!
    This is ironic. I've never heard of this company until this post. Now that I've checked out their website, it seems like they make some decent stuff in colors that Berkeley Power Worms don't come in. The worms might work well for urban cricks. Don't know if the owners are jerks or not, but I might give some of their stuff a try. Sorry if they screwed you over. Wait.....is this post using reverse psychology to turn us on to Smokin Jigz? Doh! I almost fell for it!!!!!

I second the irony, now a whole bunch of people are gonna visit them just because you hate them...

lmfao

Your right on that ! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    I second the irony, now a whole bunch of people are gonna visit them just because you hate them...

lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2uu View Post
    NO! What's that all aboot? LOL
    My bad.

After i saw the picture, I thought you were all about bombing on Molson's and Labatt Blues and moose meat.

So did these guys even send you a "my bad" for using your image to promote their product?

You know be a man about it, contact them directly instead of trying to TROLL around here, or slam someones company, take that crap some place else. Its easy to hide behind a computer keep these posts for your facebook page where people can actually know who you are. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler_Tuber View Post
    You know be a man about it, contact them directly instead of trying to TROLL around here, or slam someones company, take that crap some place else. Its easy to hide behind a computer keep these posts for your facebook page where people can actually know who you are. SMH
    Personally, if someone used my likeness without my permission to promote their products, I would have no problems shaming them publicly.

You mean to tell me I'm supposed to go reach out to them when they didn't reach out to me in the first place to use my image in their promotional materials? Yeah, no.

Luckily it didn't happen to any other person, or else someone would've gotten a nice Cease and Desist letter in their mailbox. They're lucky all they got was a public shaming.

So back to the thread.

Did anybody from the company reach out to you ghost2uu and let you know whey they thought it was a good idea to promote their products using your image that they had no permission to use? Did you even catch that big brown trout with one of their products?

If i not mistaken i saw a thread last year were this issue was adressed and photo was taking down from their site. Lets plz move on from this if u dont like their products dont purchase them. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan951 View Post
    .....this issue was adressed ....
    So they addressed it by admitting to falsifying an image to further their product sales and apologizing to the person whose image was used?

If so, great!

Where's the thread at, i'd love to see how they addressed this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    So they addressed it by admitting to falsifying an image to further their product sales and apologizing to the person whose image was used?

If so, great!

Where's the thread at, i'd love to see how they addressed this matter.
    No one ever apologized. I was mad at the time and flamed them on this site. I caught the fish on a Lip Ripperz jig and 4 pound line. Caught it on Lower Twin in Bridgeport.

trout fisherman

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast