Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Gabriel River Hiking and Fishing Report (Loads of Photos + Video)

Good looking water over there. The conditions looked sweet.

Wow great pictures...looks pretty fishy

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Hahaha, just saw this post. They have at least 5 No Tresspassing signs on their main gate, along with Beware of Dog and a few others. However, it sounds like the place is now for sale, not actively us
    Here's an idea! We should all participate in a FNN fundraiser to buy that property out!

awesome excursion out for fish!

There are plenty of big fish in water below Morris but if your caught back there you will get a ticket. Ive caught trout up to 22 inches in there and plenty of smaller average trout that are 12 inches. The trout hold up in Morris, get big and get washed through. The ranger there will write you a ticket though. I recieved a ticket for staying parked in the parking lot after the sunset when it was still only 2 o'clock in the afternoon. If you have any other questions about the area feel free to pm me.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ADHD fishing View Post
    There are plenty of big fish in water below Morris but if your caught back there you will get a ticket. Ive caught trout up to 22 inches in there and plenty of smaller average trout that are 12 inches. The trout hold up in Morris, get big and get washed through. The ranger there will write you a ticket though. I recieved a ticket for staying parked in the parking lot after the sunset when it was still only 2 o'clock in the afternoon. If you have any other questions about the area feel free to pm me.

I may be wrong, but I think they have public hours listed on the gate outside. It was well-past 2pm when I was hiking there, didn't have any problems. Good to know though. Was the ticket for fishing or for parking?

let me know guys if u wanna try , i know when they let out water the trout that trickle down from san gab and then to morris do get washed out, they would then pass the Buddhist temple and make it down to that housing area... i was down there the same time carpangler took those pics.. i wonder if the fish made it to those pools yet... or have been washed down farther... someone needs to check , cuz it sure did look fishy , but no fish. at least when i went..

prolly the fish are there now in those pools... since continuous water has been let out..... since san gab is bone dry now..

im off sat and sundays... lmk guys im down to do an early sesh for a couple hours... and see it the trout have made it.....

i usually park by bike trail parking... but yes if u park or pull over by the buddhist temple / small bridge, u will prolly get a ticket.

pm me , i hate paying to fish for trout lol.. i did irvine twice last month hahhh

I'm gonna try to research this but from what I remember, all waterways up in Azusa Cyn. are owned by the DFW. Even though the Buddhist temple thing is private property, the waterway runs through their property and I believe by law they must provide public access to the waterway since that belongs to the DFW and not them (unless the DFW actually sold them the waterway that runs through their property). I understand there's 'no trespassing' and 'keep out' signs everywhere around there but is anyone TRULY aware of the laws that govern the waterway through that property? I'd really love to know, so if any lawyers, DFW staff, Dept. of Water staff, City of Azusa officials, or anyone who TRULY knows the laws of this area reads this post, please feel free to chime in.

Just found this interesting plan from the WCA (Watershed Conservation Authority) for Azusa Cyn. It looks like the WCA acquired El Encanto and alot of the surrounding property, and the Buddhist commune private property may be a 'potential future acquisition'. Check it out, it's news to me...

http://watershedconservationauthorit...ans/azusa.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12