Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Golf course fishing

I'm glad you were just cleaning clubs and not flipping burgers. I don't see a reason to hate someone just because they've been successful in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish Addict View Post
    I worked at a country club for 4 years when I was younger, the old men that paid their $15,000 yearly fees are the most uptight, proper, self-righteous mother f'ers on the planet. I hated them all!! I used to clean their clubs with my spit because I couldn't stand them, and steal their golf balls out of their bags. If you've seen Horrible Bosses, imagine 250 Kevin Spaceys all in 1 room. I golf sometimes, but these 'private course' guys I worked for absolutely sucked....

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    I'm glad you were just cleaning clubs and not flipping burgers. I don't see a reason to hate someone just because they've been successful in life.

Just for clarification and so I don't sound like the biggest ahole in town, that was 25 years ago and I was only 13 when I worked there. When you're 13, the concept of success means nothing because you're too young to comprehend the true value of it. My reasons for working there: it was walking distance from my house, it was great money, and I golfed so this job was a no brainer for me. These 'members' I catered to were always drunk, always had a threatening demeanor towards my coworkers and I, screamed and cussed in our faces at will. 1 guy raised his fist at us multiple times. I don't care how much money you make or pay the country club each year, you're NEVER entitled to treat a young teenager that way. So, I reacted the way a 13 year old would react, and cleaned their clubs with my spit.

It had nothing to do with success, and being successful entitles people to NOTHING but their own money....
    Last edited by Kingfish Addict; 03-06-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanx14 View Post
    i know a guy that pulled a 12 lb lmb out of serria la verne....i heard there are some huge gills in san dimas but they wont hit anything
    When I was a kid,we used to fish the coarse next to los al race track.We would bring a small piece of baloney and catch the 1st one. (Gill)Would then cut him up into chunks and use that for bait!!Worked like a charm! Don't know if that's legal tho!!!LOL

I hear ya, K-Addict. You should hear them cuss and carry on when you pull them out of some wreck they cause while piloting their BMW at B/A .18! Inside or outside their la-de-da country club, they are often azzhats that treat others like trash. I agree--success does NOT entitle someone to be insulting, rude, aggressive, or abusive. I'll bet they had a real fine time in the drunk tank with the Coachella homeboys and Indio train bums.

I don't think this reservoir is fishable ???
    Found this info on a fishing website. This reservoir I do believe is covered now ?
    It is on the corner of Palos Verdes Drive North and Palos Verdes Drive East.
    Checked out PV Country Club today and the ponds have reeds and look promising ???
    The problem is it is in front of the clubhouse although it bushes/trees on one side.
    If anyone has any info on these spots and don't wish to post it then send a PM.
    DR

View Palos Verdes Reservoir Topo Map (Enlarged) I Fished
    Here!
    » Comments About This Lake
    » Add Comments About This Lake
    » View Locator Map and Weather
    The Palos Verdes Reservoir can be found on the Torrance USGS quad topo map. Palos Verdes Reservoir is a reservoir in Los Angeles County in the state of California. The latitude and longitude coordinates for this reservoir are 33.7725, -118.3231 and the altitude is 292 feet (89 meters).

Anyone interested in fishing Palos Verdes Reservoir should consult with local guides and resources before heading out to fish. Anglers who have fished Palos Verdes Reservoir are invited to submit reviews of the lake. Tell us when you went, what you caught, how the experience ranked overall.
    Feature Type: Reservoir
    Latitude: 33.7725
    Longitude: -118.3231
    Elevation: 292 ft (89 m)

I fish there occasionally and I use 4lb test because it has clear line that won't spook the fish and I use gizits which look like little 1 1/2 inch squids that inmitate minnows for the bass. I usually jig it when reeling it in to give more vibration to the fish. Would you happen to know what other fish other than bass live in that lake?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    I don't think this reservoir is fishable ???
    Found this info on a fishing website. This reservoir I do believe is covered now ?
    It is on the corner of Palos Verdes Drive North and Palos Verdes Drive East.
    Checked out PV Country Club today and the ponds have reeds and look promising ???
    The problem is it is in front of the clubhouse although it bushes/trees on one side.
    If anyone has any info on these spots and don't wish to post it then send a PM.
    DR

View Palos Verdes Reservoir Topo Map (Enlarged) I Fished
    Here!
    » Comments About This Lake
    » Add Comments About This Lake
    » View Locator Map and Weather
    The Palos Verdes Reservoir can be found on the Torrance USGS quad topo map. Palos Verdes Reservoir is a reservoir in Los Angeles County in the state of California. The latitude and longitude coordinates for this reservoir are 33.7725, -118.3231 and the altitude is 292 feet (89 meters).

Anyone interested in fishing Palos Verdes Reservoir should consult with local guides and resources before heading out to fish. Anglers who have fished Palos Verdes Reservoir are invited to submit reviews of the lake. Tell us when you went, what you caught, how the experience ranked overall.
    Feature Type: Reservoir
    Latitude: 33.7725
    Longitude: -118.3231
    Elevation: 292 ft (89 m)

I think this is the spot in question:

Sounds like it was drained in 2011: http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_19041185

I've fished San Dimas golf course a bunch of times at night, weekends are tough especially during wedding season. There are 3 ponds and I've caught fish in every single one mostly 2-3# but there are some that get up to 6#. It can be sketchy and watch out for skunks.
    I've also fished Sierra la Verne and caught a couple 3# bass but there are so many houses around you can't make a noise or turn on any lights. I wish this was legal, because the fishing is just too fun and easy but they can bust you for trespassing.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFisher606 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm looking to do some golf course fishing, I've done it a few times already but I haven't caught anything yet. Can anyone reccomend any lures or tactics to use? I live in the glendora/san dimas area. Thanks in advance

Boy some really just don't get it, amazing first post.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Boy some really just don't get it, amazing first post.
    I miss the days where first posts were of someone who wanted a species that they caught identified and we all identified it as a "Squawfish."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast