Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golf course fishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Golf course fishing

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to do some golf course fishing, I've done it a few times already but I haven't caught anything yet. Can anyone reccomend any lures or tactics to use? I live in the glendora/san dimas area. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFisher606 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm looking to do some golf course fishing, I've done it a few times already but I haven't caught anything yet. Can anyone reccomend any lures or tactics to use? I live in the glendora/san dimas area. Thanks in advance

I live in San Dimas also. When I was younger, I fished the Via Verde Country Club 16th hole many many times. There were big catfish in there, not sure about now though. We used to use cheddar cheese cut into little blocks with a split shot and 6-8" leader, worked flawlessly. I've never used lures while golf course fishing. There's a little lake on the 4th hole also but never fished it, might be safer though since its completely out of sight. Hmm, maybe I should try the 4th soon?

Dangers during the day: Cops, the marshall, and golfers (oh my lord do golfers become furious when they catch people fishing their lakes, watch out!!)
    Dangers during the night: Cops, coyotes

I also know that Palm Lakes in Pomona off of the 71 (either 3rd or 4th hole, I forget) has some beautiful LMB's...never fished it but the water is crystal clear and you can see them swimming around.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the reply! I'll have to check those out

I use to do it a lot.

Try a Texas rigged black or camo power worm with no weight. 4" curly tail.

Is this considered ninja? or can people really fish in golf courses?

I used to fish skylinks off carson fun at night.

Quote Originally Posted by troutsniffer View Post
    Is this considered ninja? or can people really fish in golf courses?
    Definitely ninja. I don't believe there's any laws regarding fishing on a golf course, but if someone sees you and calls the cops, they can bust you for trespassing especially if the golf course if private. I'd go at night IMO...most golfers consider the golf course "THEIR" course and fishermen are basically considered intruders because it's a golf course, not a recreational area.

i know a guy that pulled a 12 lb lmb out of serria la verne....i heard there are some huge gills in san dimas but they wont hit anything

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanx14 View Post
    i know a guy that pulled a 12 lb lmb out of serria la verne....i heard there are some huge gills in san dimas but they wont hit anything
    What'd he use? I've fished there before buy I didn't catch anything

Anybody know of any golf courses near the glendale/lacrescenta that have bass or fish in them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast