Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 1/11/13

Default 1/11/13

Hit up DVL today to try and figure out a bite. Fished from open til about 10 am and managed to get two bites and two fish. It was definitely a grind out there. Threw jigs, senkos, DS, ikas and the t-rig. Despite how cold it was first thing in the morning, once the sun came up it was a nice morning at the Jewel. My first fish was 16.5" and the other was about half an inch short. The first one came around 8am in about 30 feet of water and the other was in about 20 feet. Hoping tomorrow will bring better luck. How did everyone else do?

Quote Originally Posted by a321eric View Post
    Hit up DVL today to try and figure out a bite. Fished from open til about 10 am and managed to get two bites and two fish. It was definitely a grind out there. Threw jigs, senkos, DS, ikas and the t-rig. Despite how cold it was first thing in the morning, once the sun came up it was a nice morning at the Jewel. My first fish was 16.5" and the other was about half an inch short. The first one came around 8am in about 30 feet of water and the other was in about 20 feet. Hoping tomorrow will bring better luck. How did everyone else do?
    it was a rat fest for me. nothing over 3 pounds. bite picked up around 10. pretty steady pick in 5'-20' til close. nothing for me on the swimmer. all worm fish.

Ya it was tough. Did the wind pick up a little bit after 10 because it was pretty calm all morning. The bigger one I caught was over on the West side when we were fishing in the same area.

Quote Originally Posted by a321eric View Post
    Ya it was tough. Did the wind pick up a little bit after 10 because it was pretty calm all morning. The bigger one I caught was over on the West side when we were fishing in the same area.
    wind moved around a bit but nothing to really push the boat down the bank. thats what hurt it a little. worm bite was pretty solid. 5-20'. good luck on your tournament!
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 01-13-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    wind moved around a bit but nothing to really push the boat down the bank. thats what hurt it a little. worm bite was pretty solid. if you remember where i was sitting check it out. 40-100' drop. fish holding on the lip. anywhere else. 5-20'. good luck on your tournament!
    Thanks Dude. Ya we will check it out forsure. I like that area and the hump that extends off that point.

nice report! thanks eric.