Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: DVL TROUT fishing

Default DVL TROUT fishing

I am planning on going in the next couple of days, fishing for trout from shore, but have never fished lake. Is it shore friendly, are there lots of weeds, whats the drop off any info would b greatly appreciated. I will b jigging and dropshotting. thanks in advance

To TK- Before I got my boat, I fished DVL's shoreline a lot. It's a little difficult getting down to the shore and requires a little skill descending down on loose rock. The trout fishing is really pretty good because they've stocked quite a bit. They stock with Mt. Lassen trout and DF&G stocks as well. Another key is that the fishing pressure is very low, as there aren't many trout guys fishing the shore like pay lakes. Don't be surprised if you see some huge stripers cruising the shoreline looking for the stockers. They come in packs of stripers and you may even catch one of them.

A good tip is to talk with the boys at the docks. They'll have really good info on the hot spots for the trout. DVL's a huge lake and can be intimidating for those fishing the first time. It will take you several trips to "learn" the lake, but once you do, you'll be glad you spent the time. Best of luck out there.

Ttracker thank you, that is the kind of help I was looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to thread

all the coves have trout and theres always a ton of ppl on them.. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    all the coves have trout and theres always a ton of ppl on them.. good luck
    thanks steve