Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Spitfire Structure Bass Ringin' in the New Year 1/1/13

Default Spitfire Structure Bass Ringin' in the New Year 1/1/13

I went on the Spitfire on New Year’s Day for a first shot at structure bass. We had 24 people on board, with crew of Capt. Jeremy, Mike, and John, and the tanks full of live squid. First order of business was to get some fish in the bags for everybody, so we hit a local sculpin hole for quick, 30-minute limits before heading up to the structure spots. We hit three or four stones the whole day, and fishing was pretty good on all of them. A light leadhead was working really well in the morning before the current picked up, but a two-ounce leadhead yielded some bigger grumpies throughout the day. I caught a nice grumpy sand bass mid-morning that was definitely a contender. My friend Carlos caught a nice triggerfish on a three-ounce banana leadhead, which added some more competition. My bass was a nice one, but triggers are dense fish. Carlos ended up taking JP with his triggerfish, which ended up weighing 4.10 pounds. The boat ended up with 85 bass for the day. If you worked at it and more importantly if you were in the right place at the right time, you ended up with half a limit to a limit of bass. Great way to ring in the New Year!

Your on fire Jimmy nice Bass'n!

That's one big trigger,I've caught plenty down south,but none here,nice to see.
    Those were some grumpy Sandies,WTG.

Cya Tuna Vic

Man those are some nice results! WTG Jimmy.

Triggers make great fish taco's , and soles for the bottom of your shoes. Toughest skin on a fish I've ever ran into.