Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How to make a Livewell and Bait tank for your Kayak and Float Tube

Default How to make a Livewell and Bait tank for your Kayak and Float Tube

I used a Coleman Cooler to make a Livewell/Bait tank for my Kayak, you can use the same concept to make one for your Float Tube using a bucket. Everything total cost less than $100, I hope this helps.

Nice DIY thread Diego! I built one over the summer out of a 10 gallon brine bucket, but I am not quite happy with it. How much did the timer cost you?

I have found that leaving it on full flow will overfill the bait tank even with a larger diamater drain. I had to drill some overflow holes in mine, but the timer would help with that issue. Also how much was your battery box and where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Poxy Boggards View Post
    Nice DIY thread Diego! I built one over the summer out of a 10 gallon brine bucket, but I am not quite happy with it. How much did the timer cost you?

I have found that leaving it on full flow will overfill the bait tank even with a larger diamater drain. I had to drill some overflow holes in mine, but the timer would help with that issue. Also how much was your battery box and where did you get it?
    Great video. Thanks for making it.

What's your thought process as to why you want that over a stringer or basket?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    Great video. Thanks for making it.

What's your thought process as to why you want that over a stringer or basket?
    I only use mine in the harbor or ocean for bait. Legally you are not supposed to keep trout in a live well.