Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skinner 12/27..... revenge is sweet

Default Skinner 12/27..... revenge is sweet

After sitting in the rain, wind and cold yesterday for a big fat skunk I decided to go back today for a nice sunny day on the water. Well, spent the first 2 hours lost in the middle of the lake in a fog bank. No idea which way was which. I did however see a big school under me at 40 feet. My rig was down at 30 so I quickly dropped it another 10 feet. Fish on ! Turned out to be a double hookup on the U-rig. Trouble was I had no way of knowing which way back to that area.

Anyway the fog started to lift enough that I could feel my way around to find more huge schools. In total I had 3 double hookups and a limit by 10:45. Askwhy met me out on the water and we chatted for a bit and I gave my feesh to a nice Asian family who had no fish. Then I motored around metering some smaller schools here and there. I got off the water before most of the boats were leaving so I don't know how other guys were doing, BUT find the schools and give them the bait and they will eat.

Nice! I should be there Saturday and Sunday.

Way to go! Do you use downriggers?

Yes, a downrig is my weapon of choice, but leadcore can also get you down to where they are hiding.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 12-28-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Hey PAW,

I was out metering crazy schools of fish last weeks. Found about a dozen schools holding atleast 10 fish each at 30-40'. Don't feel like using all that leadcore out and the dipsy diver wasn't getting her done which works sometimes at DVL. I know we have similar boats can you post a pic of you downrigger setup so I can see it?

Thanks

This is the one I use http://www.basspro.com/Cannon-Uni-Tr...SELL_THUMBNAIL
    KingShad you have a PM
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 12-28-2012 at 03:56 PM.

I met up with Askwhy on Friday, Gave me some good info. Thanks for the help Mike