Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New G Ride (updated with pontoon wheel review)

And so another embraces the dark side. Together we shall rule THE FISHERY

Had another mission on my 'toon yesterday.
    I am proceeding to make a standup deck and a rod holder.
    The standup deck will be a welcomed change from standing on my seat and losing my balance 10 times a day. Need to add the rod holder so I can use a few rods instead of 2. One for drop shot, one for texas rig, one for cranks and one for wirebaits. Need to be able to switch rigs on the fly!

Also need to grease up the right oar holder. It was giving me a little bit of a squeek.

To do list:
    Standing deck
    Rod holder
    lightly grease the oar holders
    Seat swivel
    trolling motor and battery
    (in no particular order)

Your toons gonna be sick buddy. Can't wait to see what you do for a standing deck. That and a motor will change you forever.

ya toons are sweet I had a great time out their testing her out and breaking her in with those bass...I should of stayed longer....

but ya I'm going to make a new rod holder as well...mine holds 2 but more is awalys better.. I have a standing deck made I just need to cut the slots to clear the down tubes that are in the way.... also I picked up a 7'' seat riser and and swivel.... I still need a anchor a trolling motor and what ever else my crazy brain can think of... I really want a live well that would be awsome!

I think a live well would be cool Matt, it would be cumbersome and take up a lot of space and water weighs 8 lbs a gallon. So If you had a twenty gallon live well the water in it would weigh 25 lbs more than Matt. hmmmmmmm. Might need a bigger sled.

ya it wouldn't be the greatest for everyday toonin, but when I get a sweet fish tank you will see a small live well :lol:

oh ya I took my fins with me on saturday...and boy do these toons go a heck of a lot faster than a tube with fins!

before I get a trolling motor I think I'm going to get a fish finder so I know the depth I'm in and water temp.. it wasn't to hard rowing but ill give in sooner or later

Yeh matt, I hear on the fishtank thing. Rowing a toon takes a little practice but once you figure it out it's sweet. I've never used mine as a kickboat because I won't give up my standing deck for any reason. It just works to well. Next time we get together to fish I'll show you a daggerboard attachment idea I have that should work really well and be instantly retractable for shallow draft applications. I think it's going to be sweet.

Hey Ron, do you have a leaning rail.... if not, have you ever fallen in the water trying to standing up or casting ?

Z

FISH ON !

Hey Z, No and No. Once you relax and get the hang of it it's all good. When I first started I felt a bit shakey, but now I can stand and bounce and fish very comfortably. I've even jumped up and down on the deck to check out my comfort level and the more I use it the more I'm comfortable with it. I've had my toon for two years now and I'm starting to love it more than when I bought it. I think the leaning bar would be in my way. That being said, when I first started out I thought it would be a good idea.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast