Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New G Ride (updated with pontoon wheel review)

wow, looks good tj. how long does it take you to break down the toon to fit it in the car? i think id go some kind of small trailer.

Default Minn Kota Riptide 40/S

Hey Now tj, I thought that riser looked tall, I went with the same as Ron's seat height 7".

If your going to spend the $$$$ for a trolling motor, your toon dose have a aluminum frame, like Ron said, he wished he had purchased a Minn Kota Riptide 40/S. they also have them at Walmart, I checked a few weeks ago and they were sold out, but i just looked this morning and there back on the WM web-site rollback $219.98, you may want to spend a few more buck's ?

do those rod float foam zip-tie deals work, where do you get them, i have a piece of foam pipe insulation, will that work ?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=5297232

Z

FISH ON !

Where do you put the harpon?
    In the Oar holder mang! :twisted:

It is a nice boat, but I'm passing up what I had saved for a GSXR 1000 anniversary edition in return. :roll: :x

do those rod float foam zip-tie deals work, where do you get them, i have a piece of foam pipe insulation, will that work ?
    Yup, they work good. Check out Socal's Rod floater review. I bought mine at the bass pro shop..
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=7283

Just printed and filled out the registration papers. Will probably go bring them to the DMV soon and get it over with.

Not sure what trolling motor yet. Thanks for the heads up Z! I'm still not sure how I feel about getting in the ocean on a dingy though :lol:

Default THAT'SSSSSSSSS IT

OK tj, yeah I hear you, I'm just going to start out in the harbor and work my way up to full on ocean kelp paddy hopping.... I also hope to get a few fellow tooners to go with, that way we can watch each others back ?

I'll give that pipe foam a try, see if it floats in my Jacuzzi ? :lol:

Z

FISH ON !

I was just going to ask you the question about transporting a toon TJ. My car's not much bigger either (Honda Civic). I guess when it comes the time when I buy a toon, I'll just have to steal the Explorer from the wife :lol:.

Then again, maybe I'll just be different and invest in that hybrid pontube. I'm really digging the design of that craft. Plus I can add a trolling motor. It's like a Super Fat Cat on steroids LOL.

"The force is strong in this one" :twisted:
    I was just going to ask you the question about transporting a toon TJ. My car's not much bigger either (Honda Civic). I guess when it comes the time when I buy a toon, I'll just have to steal the Explorer from the wife Laughing.

Then again, maybe I'll just be different and invest in that hybrid pontube. I'm really digging the design of that craft. Plus I can add a trolling motor. It's like a Super Fat Cat on steroids LOL.
    We should have him fighting the rebels any day now! :twisted:

But you can't put a standing deck on it and you can't raise the seat height

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie
    "The force is strong in this one" :twisted:
    We should have him fighting the rebels any day now! :twisted:
    :rofl: You crack me up TJ.

But my loyalties still lie with the tubing rebels. Just for how long is the question now though.

Just had an EXCELLENT day at Perris today on the new 'Toon! I'll get the report going soon! Toons for life! :lol:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast