Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New G Ride (updated with pontoon wheel review)

Default Re: New G Ride

Lol,
    another new addition before the wheel even shows up..
    I don't normally use a finder and I can still catch fish, so I thought a lesser expensive model would do. Hopefully this one won't burn out on me. :lol:

Just wondering, why did they charge me a $6 recycling fee when I bought it? Did anyone else have to pay a recycling fee with their finder? :|

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie
    Lol,
    another new addition before the wheel even shows up..
    I don't normally use a finder and I can still catch fish, so I thought a lesser expensive model would do. Hopefully this one won't burn out on me. :lol:

Just wondering, why did they charge me a $6 recycling fee when I bought it? Did anyone else have to pay a recycling fee with their finder? :|
    A Recycling Fee.. Thats strange man!! U up for Some fishing on Monday TJ

Promised an update on the wheel when it arrived and I had used it a few times.

The wheel arrived on time as Cabellas stated. It was double boxed and padded, so no damage to the unit in shipping at all. It's made to mount to a round tube, but my pontoon didn't have a round tube in the middle to mount the wheel to.
    Although, anyone could probably find a way to mount this wheel on their pontoon.

I simply drilled a hole in my front standing deck. You slip the wheel/bolt assembly through the hole and secure the wingnut. The wheel will move if the wingnut is hand tight, so I take my fishing pliers and snug it down good.

It carries to the water through sand easily. I can truly launch solo at any lake with a 4 foot wide access trail. The wheel requires you to balance out the weight on each side of the toon a bit so you aren't tipping over, and it does tilt to the side even so if you aren't careful. It's like a wheelbarrow (sp?), so that is to be expected. The two wheels don't add much more side to side support than a single wheel would have, but they do help some and it's basically like pushing a loaded wheelbarrow. The bolt doesn't seem as weak as the reviews said it is, but then again I don't have a battery or trolling motor. My setup easily weighs 120lbs with everything on it, and the wheel handles the weight just fine, as well as all the hardware on the wheel.

I was able to pull this whole rig down from lots 11&12 and back up without straining my back at all, in a short amount of time, and all by myself. If you'd ask me, definitely worth $50! I give it 1.5 thumbs up. Would have given it 2 thumbs up if it secured tightly without using my fishing pliers, but thats no big deal really as they go with me everywhere (leatherman knockoff)

Drill a hole and you are mobile! It really is that easy.

Here is a pic or two..

Default Re: New G Ride (updated with pontoon wheel review)

lookin good, tj.
    how much space does it take up?
    can you fit it in the trunk of your ride?

Default Re: New G Ride (updated with pontoon wheel review)

I stick it between two pieces of the frame that fit in my front seat. I always had the room for it and didn't even know it :lol: It doesn't take up any more room now than it did without it :wink:

The only thing holding me back from a trolling motor now is space in the car for the battery and motor.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456