Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Berkley Johnson Beetle Tubes

Default Berkley Johnson Beetle Tubes

I just noticed that Sport Chalet sells packs of Berkley/Johnson Beetle Tubes for $1.09. You get 8 in one pack. I haven't had a chance to fish them yet but they feel pretty soft to me. What's the deal with these? They come in the yellow Berkley packaging but are these actually made by Berkley? At such a cheap price I wonder if these are generic-brand tubes that Berkley re-packages. I was curious whether these mini-jigs are any good. Anybody ever use these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-23 12.52.39.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	38403  

Theyre okay. Great for dropshotting for trout after theyve become wary of trout worms.

I always used them for panfish, instead.

I actually jam a bb splitshot in them and fish micro tubes like a tiny ika.

Mike, they're good little baits. Nose hook them on a drop shot rig but use a 5 to 6 inch tag of 2 lb test from your main line, and use a # 5 or 7 split shot as a weight. Slowly reel back in and shake your rod as go. Great method for trout, crappie, BGs, even bass will hit this. I use black tubes for panfish at Perris with this method. If you are fishing stocked trout, stuff the tube with Velvetta cheese.