Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SARL fri 12/21 float tube report

Default SARL fri 12/21 float tube report

Got to the lake at 6:30am and was happy to see there was no line. After I paid my dues and drove in I saw that the shoreline had plenty of people on it but not what I'd consider crowded. There were only a handful of boaters and float tubers today.

I had some issues with one of the air bladders on my odc420 that slowed me down. Finally got on the water at 8:00am and started out fishing near the boat dock since they had just stocked that morning. I saw a guy on shore catch a double digit fish while I was there. The guys on shore and float tubers who were fishing under the boat dock were doing pretty well. I didn't feel like fishing in close quarters with everybody so I was fishing a bit farther out. I metered plenty of suspended fish on my fishfinder but wasn't having any luck so I kicked down the east shore to the bubble hole area. It was pretty slow in the morning but the bite really picked up in the afternoon.

Around 1:00pm or so the weather got a little cloudy and soon afterwards a boat that was trolling nearby caught one only about 15 yards away from me. I quickly tied on a gold SC shiner and started making casts towards that spot. After 3 casts.....Boom fish on! A nice hard-fighting little 1-pounder. I unhooked him and cast back into the same spot. Fish on again! In the next 20 minutes I was able to catch 3 more. At 2:30pm I headed in and called it a day. I tallied up 6 fish total, 5 of them came on the daiwa SC shiner in gold and the other one was caught earlier in the day on garlic powerbait. I metered a lot of suspended fish between 10-15 ft today. I attached some pictures of my new float tube setup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-21 16.02.06.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	38401   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-21 16.03.51.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	38402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-21 16.01.41.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	38400   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-21 16.00.18.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	38399  

Lmao @ 4 rods to trout fish....one fer bait, one fer lures, one fer jigs, whats #4 for?

Nice job on the limit

Nice report and pics Mike, Cool setup