Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kern River Hatchery split tails!!! epic stock truck chase of all time!

Default Kern River Hatchery split tails!!! epic stock truck chase of all time!

I was headed down the 99 and saw the DFG truck half a click ahead! WHAT A WAY to end the world I thought than to slay some full tail Kern River hatchery split tails!...

So I followed the truck {which wasn't easy} to the local city park lake where the DFG reported a stock this week.. HOLY COW it wasn't late??? Can you imagine an ontime stocking?? FOREALZIES!!!

So I proceeded to catch and release like 43 or so.. I started off drop shotting a #8 treble with a powerworm {berkely},, these fish were inhaling the worms.. way deep. Thats why I carry those red hook removers and rip the treble' out savin me grief of retie...

I confess I didn't have my Phenix paired with the stradic running $30 Seagar and Owner hooks.. I slummed it with my "stocker" rod and reel combo.. Not quite as fun as the high end **** but oh well???

Stockers were so hungry I didn't need my garlic infused Vidal sasoon hair gel special "SAUCE"...

Even threw the powermouse and got some love.. Ended up going back to the berkely worm cause it seemed like the trout wanted to swallow the worm a bit deeper...

Ended up keeping 10 and what a way to end the world!!!

I mean these fish were grumpy!! busting me off, head shakin, tail walking, that wierd whole body shake they do... EPIC FULL TAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY SAFE ERBODY!!! May everyone get on a stock truck chase like this one for Christmas!

lmao cutbait no lie i did the same thing today took my son out to catch some trout at our local city park and on the way the dfg truck was right in front leading the way. got enough bait to head to san luis tomorrow...... j/k on the bait.....oh crap we have become truck chasers

Epic Epic Epic
    Way to SLAY my brutha
    You showed what a truly gifted fisherman you are
    Just a couple ?'s
    What # test were you using/was floro needed
    How deep
    What color worked best to entice those finicky stockers
    Thanks

On the real,,,
    I'm disgusted you filthy truck chaser

Way to get the kids on feesh ;)
    That's what it's all about

LOL!

Truck chasers!

Get a cheep cell phone with a GPS and you can hide it in the stocking truck.

No matter what, catching fish after fish is a blast.

Hey the damn limit is 5 I'm tell'n! Chas'n tail is how we should all go out.

Trout WHORE!!!!,,

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

OOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,,Frozen HUDDS!

Chas'n tail

We've all been there. I would settle for just one so I can round out my list to 25 species before the end of the year.

Have a great Christmas if we make it past tomorrow.....

WWO

question to anyone who knows.. whats the big deal about the full tail? its not like bass are trying to eat them in the hatchery lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jbfish View Post
    question to anyone who knows.. whats the big deal about the full tail? its not like bass are trying to eat them in the hatchery lol
    Because with a full tail they can swim 1/80th of a mph faster or translated over 1/116th of a horsepower stronger.. If my calculations or correct

Frozen Hudds huh Scotty?

Merry Christmas back at ya WWO!

Great Idea Ron.. No wonder you make the big bucks as an "engineer"

DA.. thanks mang..

DK tambien!

Seal,, had the jr's out with me

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast