Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: December 21, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    So, you're counting on perfection... Or is it prayer you count on?
    Perfection no, only God is perfection and we are not in the same league. On the other hand I have found that prayer not luck has kept me from harm in some really bad bad situations in my life. Picking between prayer and being lucky I would chose prayer every time, and you?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Perfection no, only God is perfection and we are not in the same league. On the other hand I have found that prayer not luck has kept me from harm in some really bad bad situations in my life. Picking between prayer and being lucky I would chose prayer every time, and you?
    Since God is a myth and prayer is really just to make the supplicant feel more at peace, I would have to choose luck or chance. Louis Pasteur said "chance favors the prepared mind". So that about sums it up. As to the real meaning of today and the end of the long count of the Mayan calendar check this link http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/...,6928928.story. I've been to both Chichen Itza and Uxmal for the light show. They are as close to spiritual as I get. They are right up there with the Eastern Sierra as spiritual places. PARTY ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
    Since God is a myth and prayer is really just to make the supplicant feel more at peace, I would have to choose luck or chance.
    Your luck is generally better in a gun fight when you have a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Your luck is generally better in a gun fight when you have a gun.
    Better have a quick thumb too, because from what I'm reading they're going after all semi auto's since they're convinced they're all assault weapons. And bad guys don't have them, only good guys do...

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    If the bad guy gets the drop on you, you have earned it. It’s called situational awareness; everyone should take off the headsets, open your eyes and your head is made to swivel, pay attention to your surroundings. It’s easy to be a victim, takes a little more work to be safe.
    This stands true for life in an urban environment or in nature. Be prepared, sometimes, many times preparation is not enough but in many circumstances being prepared whether it be to deal with a bear, mountain lion or other in nature or to deal with a maniac bent on killing you, being prepared gives you just that chance at survival, small or large.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    This stands true for life in an urban environment or in nature. Be prepared, sometimes, many times preparation is not enough but in many circumstances being prepared.
    Be prepared to pedal your deer to get it processed if you don't have a car.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234