Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Perris Trout Plants

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    The info being requested should be public record and should not be a mystery. I think those that have responded don't really need the info that Kwin has other than the trout plant numbers, I think they are concerned that one lake is getting preferential treatment but I'll let them respond if they wish. My concern is about changes in the last couple years in Silverwood's planting process which has, in my mind, had an effect on the well being of the trout fishery as a whole not just about chasing the stock but about the holdover and general angler experience. Many trout anglers no longer fish Silverwood like the past because of the changes and fishing conditions. The individuals you are targeting with your comments are much more than your basic stocked trout chasers I assure you.

Also I've identified my concerns before in a private message and have had no positive results so now it's out in the open and I'm not going to run from my opinion.
    I'm also interested as to why such information would be withheld from general public. Will be watching this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    I'm also interested as to why such information would be withheld from general public. Will be watching this thread.
    You're better off waiting for answers from Roy Hinkley....

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Kwin has no obligation whatsoever to post on this forum, so lets appreciate the info he does give and get off his back. If I were him, I'd be long gone by now and not give ANY info.

If you don't like DFG's policy, don't blame Kwin. He didn't make the policy. You obviously have the Internet if you're posting on here. Google a DFG phone number and call the person that does make policy. Ask them these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnsnowboard3 View Post
    Kwin has no obligation whatsoever to post on this forum, so lets appreciate the info he does give and get off his back. If I were him, I'd be long gone by now and not give ANY info.

If you don't like DFG's policy, don't blame Kwin. He didn't make the policy. You obviously have the Internet if you're posting on here. Google a DFG phone number and call the person that does make policy. Ask them these questions.
    Easy there tough guy, I personally doubt Kwin is on here posting for the greater of the fishing public. He uses this place as a research tool to conduct catch surveys from all the internet hero's. (Well at least the ones that actually post reports). I have contacted the DFG and no one has mentioned any policy against giving out the numbers. But I will say I am still waiting for the information I requested. By the way the only info Kwin has given is to catch and kill as many stripers as possible. Where is the info I missed? I did learn that Perris got 25% more fish than the amount he can't talk about from last year. Well hell that answers all my questions. I am not asking tough questions, they are pretty straight forward and simple.
    Last edited by ghost2uu; 01-11-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2uu View Post
    First off tough guy, I personally doubt Kwin is on here posting for the greater of the fishing public. He uses this place as a research tool to conduct catch surveys from all the internet hero's. (Well at least the ones that actually post reports). I have contacted the DFG and no one has mentioned any policy against giving out the numbers. But I will say I am still waiting for the information I requested. By the way the only info Kwin has given is to catch and kill as many stripers as possible. Where is the info I missed? I did learn that Perris got 25% more fish than the amount he can't talk about from last year. Well hell that answers all my questions. I am not asking tough questions, they are pretty straight forward and simple.
    No need for the tough guy comment, I wasn't intending to come off "tough." Movin on...

I didn't know that Kwin uses FNN as a research tool for catch surveys. Has he said this? Seems to me Kwin uses factual scientific studies and reading reports (and many lies) on a website would hardly hold any weight in the scientific community.

And to the question you asked me as to what you missed can be found looking at Kwin's previous posts. There are many of them with lots of good info.

We can agree to disagree on this. I have no issues with Kwin, but like I said the only two lakes in So Cal that don't post any thing about weight stocked are Perris and DVL. If it is against dept. policies how does Silverwood, Castaic, and Pyramid know exactly how much trout is stocked each stocking? I am not asking for the world, just some basic facts. How many pounds of trout has Perris received since November and how many pounds has DVL received. That's all. I am not asking for plant locations at each lake or plant dates, just a simple question.

And it continues. Lake Pyramid received 2,000 pounds on Saturday and Castaic got 500 pounds today. The DFW truck driver told the lake not to tell anyone the amount planted either!

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2uu View Post
    And it continues. Lake Pyramid received 2,000 pounds on Saturday and Castaic got 500 pounds today. The DFW truck driver told the lake not to tell anyone the amount planted either!
    this stuff cracks me up!...

bogartin the stockers!!!!

Egregious I tell ya,,, egregious

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    this stuff cracks me up!...

bogartin the stockers!!!!

Egregious I tell ya,,, egregious
    You don't see the big picture and you are not a party to the concerns that we have it appears. If you have an issue with the waters you prefer to fish I will guarantee you that those that have posted about the conerns of this thread would not be invading your thread.

The stocking program sucks right now there seems to be no rhyme or reason, lakes that have had the attention to detail in the past no longer have that attention.

Cutbait this is more than just some "kids" chasing stocking trucks I have no desire to go drive to another lake because they are getting preference when it comes to trout stocking, there are other fish to be caught for sure but if you care about the body's of water you fish and there are changes that are having an efect upon those waters why is it wrong to bring those concerns out into the open when other attempts to express those concerns have fallen on deaf ears? There was a law passed that guaranteed a percentage of our license dollars would be spent on trout stocking, I was told last year that there would be an increase, well that may be true but that "increase" seems to have effected only a couple bodies of water. Is that fair, does that make sense?

The only request Ghost2uu has made was for information on the amount of fish stocked in some lakes, with that bill that passed should it not be public record so that we can be assured that the DFW is following up on it's legal requirements?
    Last edited by seal; 01-16-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    You don't see the big picture and you are not a party to the concerns that we have it appears. If you have an issue with the waters you prefer to fish I will guarantee you that those that have posted about the conerns of this thread would not be invading your thread.

The stocking program sucks right now there seems to be no rhyme or reason, lakes that have had the attention to detail in the past no longer have that attention.

Cutbait this is more than just some "kids" chasing stocking trucks I have no desire to go drive to another lake because they are getting preference when it comes to trout stocking, there are other fish to be caught for sure but if you care about the body's of water you fish and there are changes that are having an efect upon those waters why is it wrong to bring those concerns out into the open when other attempts to express those concerns have fallen on deaf ears? There was a law passed that guaranteed a percentage of our license dollars would be spent on trout stocking, I was told last year that there would be an increase, well that may be true but that "increase" seems to have effected only a couple bodies of water. Is that fair, does that make sense?

The only request Ghost2uu has made was for information on the amount of fish stocked in some lakes, with that bill that passed should it not be public record so that we can be assured that the DFW is following up on it's legal requirements?

No I get it!

Your wanting the trout to "feed" the lake stripers and bass.

Again... not what the program is about.

We all pay with license fees for these trout for the kids... Not for real anglers, which I consider you are.

You guys want these trout as a regular bait so you guys can target the predators

Not what these fish are for! You know this. Your an honest man. Admit your concern about your waters is this?

The outcry about public information is just. But the reasoning behind it is not

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast