Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Bye Perris Trout Plants

Default Bye Bye Perris Trout Plants

I have been hearing there will be no trout plants at Perris this year. Are you hearing the same? Anyone caught a trout of there yet this year? Pretty sad if this is true. Kwin I would love to hear from you on this.

I have seen some trout caught over the past week and have caught some myself , but they are way spread out . launch ramps and the east end . just walking throwing the super duper (503) and a Thomas Buoyant .

i fished sail cove two days ago. the fish finder saw only two fish in 30 ft of water. i left and went to lot 11/12. fished from the ramp toward the marina for about 45min, and saw fish in 18 - 22 ft of water, a steady stream of fish, but no takers, i was rigged for trout w a streamer & midge on 5x tippet. i caught a 15" bass on the same rig there a few weeks ago seeing the same number of fish on the finder. i don't believe that it has been planted yet. i'll probably be out there near the end of the week unless work gets in the way.

theres stocking.. just on the days its closed. those fish are bigger and are moving out quickly. not like the small ones last year that stayed near the launch ramp for a week. I had doubts myself till a ranger told me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    theres stocking.. just on the days its closed. those fish are bigger and are moving out quickly. not like the small ones last year that stayed near the launch ramp for a week. I had doubts myself till a ranger told me otherwise.
    Indeed there stocking and you correct at the fish moving out . I have been getting my bites and followers from larger trout late in the afternoon like 1hr before its dark .. the trout do move back shallow hunting for food .

Also the Bass and Birds are chasing them pretty hard.

Those fish are sure gonna get a surprise when they swim on out to the tower...

Larger fish, hmmm holdovers?

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA.......Who comes up with this garbage?
    I guess we the fellow fishermen come up with this garbage since all we can get from our dedicated government workers is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. How about providing something useful rather than your "garbage"? Since Perris "is" getting stocked as you mention, where and when was the lake stocked since you started planting trout this season?

There are other lakes in So Cal other than our err... YOUR "Jewel" Glad to see that you took over where Guisti left off. How about taking 1/2 of the state plants that has been put in DVL and spread them out to other lakes in So Cal.

Here are the numbers I have, I would love for State Wildlife biologist to chime in and fill in the blanks.
    Pounds of trout planted at major So. Cal reservoirs from November 2012 till end of year 2012:
    Pyramid: 10,000 pounds
    Castaic: 3,800 pounds
    Silverwood: 6,700 pounds
    Perris: ????? (Can't get a straight answer from anyone on that lake)
    DVL: ???? but I am guessing it is about the other three lakes combined.

I got the info directly from the lakes, but for some reason Perris and DVL are on the super secret planting program. So how about a straight up answer Quinn: How many pounds of trout did Lake Perris get this season so far? How about DVL? Or is my question garbage also?

I've been told by some locals that they did stock and I happened to catch 2 stocker size trout in the east end last week Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trout.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	38544
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trout 2.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	38545

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast