Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: sweet!!!! i got it...its at home waiting!! (pic)

She's useing the force SoCal, go with it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ronira
    She's useing the force SoCal, go with it. LOL
    LMAO Ron :rofl:. Yeah, I ran the toons by her at BPS and she actually told me to get a toon, before I bought a float tube.

I didn't want to give in to the toon side of the force just yet, but after looking at the toons here, checking out bass-n-tubes website, and BFT's website, I'm impressed with all the mods that can be done. I was ready to go with the one that Matt got, but as I said she stopped me. Let's just say that she's been impressed with what she's seen and read about the Scadden crafts. Are they really worth the price? They just look like an expensive version of Outcast crafts to me. Given Dave Scadden used to be a designer for Outcast. It's almost like choosing between a Lexus and a Toyota LOL.

I hear you SoCal, I think if you are planning to fish on wilderness rivers the Scadden boats are a good way to go. For class 2 rivers and lake fishing any of the better toons are probably a better buy because of price. The North Fork Outdoors boats are made a lot like the class 5 whitewater boats I used in the eightys and ninteys. I've taken those boats places that would curl your hair and never had to concern myself with boat failure due to construction. I tore a couple up by way overstressing them on vertical drops but that was mainly pulling D-rings off and tearing holes in the fabric impacting sharp rocks. If you plan on hanging it out there like that buy the NFO boat. But if your going fish from it I would not spend the money on an expedition rated boat. I would rather spend the extra money on more cool gear for your boat.

Good points there Ron. I don't think I'll be taking it on anything more than a class 2. But I do tend to be rough with my gear LOL. Honestly though, I've been on Perris with 3-4 foot swells. Which craft, if any, would you recommend in those conditions?

Any of the well made toons would likely be fine SoCal. I like the Creek Co. boats because the three layer system is more tolerant of temp change and have a comfortable amount of rocker in the pontoon design. Your not going to sink any of these boats by subjecting them to waves. It's the amount of stability on the waves that I personally look for. If the pontoon has a lot of excess rocker like a boomerang it will be a little more active fore and aft than a pontoon with some flat in the center of the pontoon and it will be a little more stable. I took my ODC 1018 out on Silverwood for it's first trolling motor run without knowing about the afternoon wind and got a hello of a suprise on the way in. All in all I ended up having more fun going back than I did fishing once I realised the boat was doing just fine. Those waves were BIG but they ended up being a lot of fun.

Default clean up

OK .....you's guy's....... WHO's IN ?

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=7514

Z

FISH ON !

Sorry guys but I'm allready obligated at BPS for the kids fishing event sat morning. Good luck with a great project.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234