Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

View Poll Results: Guns or no Guns

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Firearms

40 93.02%
  • Anti Guns

3 6.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Here come the anti gun people.......

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanx14 View Post
    how do you know
    SBSO Reserve member 1968-1971.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I've always operated under the assumption that LQ and CB were either the same person or perhaps a husband and wife duo.
    You are off my holiday card list.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Anyhow, the way I see it, the issue isn't that guns kill people or that the bullets kill people (the guns just make them go really fast) or even that Obama is the anit-Christ.

The real problem, if we are honest, is that the true religion of our nation is self-aggrandizement and terrorists will die for their religion.

Have a nice day.
    There you go bringing a rational point-of-view regarding our nation's societal ills. This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    SBSO Reserve member 1968-1971.
    i have a feeling ur question was rhetorical....

i have a feeling ur question was rhetorical....
    Why would you ever think that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc8piTgjDHA what do you guys think of this? camera tricks or real situations?

No it's actually two shots center mass (chest) and one head shot. Ask me how I know.
    Yep. The good old failure drill. We even had a cadence we sung while running at the academy. "Two to the chest and one to the head...Is the recommended dose of lead!" Personally, I think all public schools should have armed security on site. The "gun-free" zones only keep lawful citizen's guns out of the area. A criminal could care less. A couple of armed security personnel with appropriate training could have prevented many deaths in these active shooter incidents.

Oh, for the good olde days. LEO’s, being cynical, observed that when you stopped someone, you estimated their odds of bolting on foot by their attire. A guy in a 3-piece suit is unlikely to run or run far (mostly to a car). A guy in a company uniform (UPS, Plumber, mechanic) might run, but not well. No, it was always the skinny guy you stopped wearing a T-shirt, jeans and sneakers who would bolt off down the block doing an great imitation of a Gazelle. About half the time you were more than 30 yards from the car too.

Meanwhile, the LEO is usually heavier (muscle or not), wearing jump boots or shoes, slacks, uniform shirt, stiff Sam Browne gunbelt, gun, spare ammo, baton, radio, keys, chem spray, handcuffs (sometimes 2 sets), ballistic vest and maybe a jacket. It's a wonder bad guys got caught at all. And some people wonder why LEO’s can be a little rough on perps who run from them!
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 12-17-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Oh, for the good olde days. LEO’s, being cynical, observed that when you stopped someone, you estimated their odds of bolting on foot by their attire. A guy in a 3-piece suit is unlikely to run or run far (mostly to a car). A guy in a company uniform (UPS, Plumber, mechanic) might run, but not well. No, it was always the skinny guy you stopped wearing a T-shirt, jeans and sneakers who would bolt off down the block doing an great imitation of a Gazelle. About half the time you were more than 30 yards from the car too.

Meanwhile, the LEO is usually heavier (muscle or not), wearing jump boots or shoes, slacks, uniform shirt, stiff Sam Browne gunbelt, gun, spare ammo, baton, radio, keys, chem spray, handcuffs (sometimes 2 sets), ballistic vest and maybe a jacket. It's a wonder bad guys got caught at all. And some people wonder why LEO’s can be a little rough on perps who run from them!
    Ha ha! True dat! That's why I spent so much on all the lightest gear. Nylon all the way. My nylon belt weighs half the amount of my Sam Browne. I run a 2" low profile duty belt instead of the standard thicker 2.5", all of my pouches in the front run parallel with the front of the belt, so I can get a longer stride, and I wear a mid-ride Bladetech holster instead of the standard low ride duty holster. This allows me to run pretty quickly. The boots are the worst part. I've actually switched to the cheaper Response Gear boots because they are lighter and more flexible in the ankle compared to the comparable Danners and Rockies. They don't last as long, but I can pick up like three pairs for the price of one pair of Bates.

The good olde days were different, the bad guys actually feared the Sheriff not so much today. Frank Bland was Sheriff then, he was born and raised in Big Bear Lake and could really ride a horse. Undersheriff Kendal Stone a neighbor back then could ride anything you could put a saddle on. Everyone worn a wheel gun, semi-autos were not used yet. 357 mag was the gun to use I still have my 6” S&W Mod 28. The old timers carried 45 long colts. The guys in the Mounted Posse all carried 45 long colts being the real cowboys as such and the first round up was a short .410 shot shell (I was told it was for snakes).
    Search & Rescue was a *****, as no one ever got lost or at least was reported lost until close to midnight even if they were not seen since O-dark thirty. It was always during a weekend or holiday and the worst weather on earth. No night vision back then and we went out anyway but could not start a search until daylight; it was all PR as stumbling around in the dark would likely wipe any tracks or sign the lost may have made.
    The worst part was recovery and not rescue (airplane crash the worst). All the guys carried a jar of Vick’s and a “White Owl” cigar in their packs to mask the odor of the dead. The best part was the way we were fed when on an extended rescue/search. Sheriff Bland believed that because we were all volunteer’s and working in the toughest conditions and hardship great chow was the least he could do. A mobil canteen would be setup with trusties from the jail. T-bone steaks for all (thickest I have ever had), baked potatoes’ that looked like a football wrapped in tin foil and deep dish apple pie (4 to 6 inch deep). And to help keep us warm at night the Mounted Posse guys always had a little whisky around (ya gotta love them cowboys).
    Before the Mag-Lite flashlight came into being everyone had a Kel-Lite flashlight. I remember a memo sent out regarding the use of the flashlight as a baton. It basically said it was an acceptable substitute for the baton but to use care and turn it so the on/off button does not leave a mark.
    Oh Gawd I got a million war stories. Those were the days.

what do you guys think of this? camera tricks or real situations?
    Out of context. Sure there is few bad cops but most all are good.
    Your lame video doesn't show the moments leading up.
    The innocent lives at risk during a chase or robbery are much more important than the Thug getting his asss kicked at the end of the chase. If any of those guys getting whooped in the video were working instead of being out causing trouble they wouldn't have to feel the pain of a beating. People choose there own path in life. Too many hoodlums are better off sitting in a cage than on the streets causing problems.
    DR

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast