Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

View Poll Results: Guns or no Guns

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Firearms

40 93.02%
  • Anti Guns

3 6.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Here come the anti gun people.......

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanx14 View Post
    There are cops at almost all high schools that carry guns. What is the difference a d*ck head attitude and a uniform?
    why is citizens carrying guns so taboo to people.
    I think people are wary of citizens carrying guns because citizens sometimes kill people with guns. Even in westerns like Tombstone the sheriff had citizens check their guns when they came into town. If you get pissed off at somebody you might yell at them or maybe even take a swing if you have a bad temper, but if you're packing heat that only increases the chance some nut will go for his gun and kill somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew95 View Post
    This is why I don't feel too bad when I hear about a cop getting killed on the news. However I have to say I am furious when I hear about a cop killing/beating an innocent person, like you hear about quite often.
    Are you fricking kidding me? You need to spend a couple of nights riding in a cop car to see what kind of crap these guy's get from people like you.

cops are trained for three shots. One in the head and two in the chest
    No it's actually two shots center mass (chest) and one head shot. Ask me how I know.

This is why I don't feel too bad when I hear about a cop getting killed on the news. However I have to say I am furious when I hear about a cop killing/beating an innocent person, like you hear about quite often.

Well aren’t you a piece of work. I don’t even know where to start when someone of your ilk has such a distain for the Law Enforcement Officers whose job is first to protect ALL of us and second to go home to their family at night.

I was a member of the SBSO Reserves many years ago on the Mountain Search and Rescue Team. During that time I met and became friends with many LEO’s and even did a number of ridealongs with a number of them. LEO’s come in contact daily with the worst dregs and criminal’s society has to offer and most often he/she is solo and backup is minutes away. Two of those LEO’s were killed in the line of duty. One was a CHP officer that stopped to assist a motorist that was broken down on the highway, he did not know that the motorist was a felon driving a car stolen in another state. He left behind a wife and two small children. The other was a SBSO detective that left behind a wife, a daughter and son that he would never see graduate from high school or have the joy of being a grandparent.

All LEO’s go through Peace Officers Standards & Training (POST) it is intense and is made to weed out the weak and unfit. Weeks of classroom study, physical training, range time, field simulation and much, much more.

They are taught compliance methods starting with commands using a strong voice and following orders (stop, freeze, get down etc.). Non lethal force is next (pepper spray, taser, baton) pain is used to make one comply; many hopped up on drugs will not comply even when extreme pain is applied.

If someone is armed then it is a whole new ballgame and compliance may not be an option and neutralizing the subject comes into play. If you have a firearm and the muzzle is pointed toward a LEO you are going to draw fire. If you have any other type of weapon and are inside of 20 feet of the officer you are going to have a serious problem if you have not complied.

Oh and the good cop, bad cop thing, like everything in life there is the good and the bad. It’s a very, very few bad apples in LEO that make all LEO’s look bad. The bad ones and they are few are found out and are dealt with harshly. The video equipment and recording devices that almost all LEO’s have today is for your protection as much as it is for the officer’s defense.

And when the time may come in your life and you need serious help who are you going to call? My bet is it will be a LEO and not your Mom, but I could be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time.
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 12-16-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Dude, are you effing serious? Nice insight into the mind of an adolescent. I'd send you some Benjamins to buy a clue, but there's not enough in a bank.

You guys wanted a new thread so here it is. Lady Quagga and Cutbait can argue here.
    I've always operated under the assumption that LQ and CB were either the same person or perhaps a husband and wife duo.

Anyhow, the way I see it, the issue isn't that guns kill people or that the bullets kill people (the guns just make them go really fast) or even that Obama is the anit-Christ.

The real problem, if we are honest, is that the true religion of our nation is self-aggrandizement and terrorists will die for their religion.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post

That is the worse line anyone has written in a while.
    Shame on you.
    i agree, there are a lot more good cops that dont deserve to die, thank the typical "bad cop" the police and i dont get along very well but i still have some respect for them and i dont want them to die

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    I think people are wary of citizens carrying guns because citizens sometimes kill people with guns. Even in westerns like Tombstone the sheriff had citizens check their guns when they came into town. If you get pissed off at somebody you might yell at them or maybe even take a swing if you have a bad temper, but if you're packing heat that only increases the chance some nut will go for his gun and kill somebody.
    thats a good point. I think if you are going to carry you should have enough self controll to not do something like that....but who is to stop the other crazy guys

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    No it's actually two shots center mass (chest) and one head shot. Ask me how I know.
    how do you know

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    I've always operated under the assumption that LQ and CB were either the same person or perhaps a husband and wife duo.

Anyhow, the way I see it, the issue isn't that guns kill people or that the bullets kill people (the guns just make them go really fast) or even that Obama is the anit-Christ.

The real problem, if we are honest, is that the true religion of our nation is self-aggrandizement and terrorists will die for their religion.

Have a nice day.
    hhahah obama is not the anichrist he is the head of the illuminati hahahah just kidding.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast