Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

View Poll Results: Guns or no Guns

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Firearms

40 93.02%
  • Anti Guns

3 6.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Here come the anti gun people.......

Nugent Scools Morgan !
    This is great, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Nugent Scools Morgan !
    This is great, enjoy.

Hahaha, gotta love Uncle Ted man. At last count, over 75,000 people have signed a government petition to deport Piers Morgan back to the UK. Funny thing is, the folks in the UK have their own government petition demanding their government not allow him back...

Ted rocks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    My reason for posting in on this thread was to point out the supreme foolishness of the tact that the, ahem, "Renaissance Men" of our society are taking. Bluster and insults. That's all. I am educated and don't require their expert tutelage in any matter and I assure you this feeling is not limited to Yours Truly.

Anyhow, I think about the folks in my 'Ol Highland home and imagine they would be damn p!ssed at some of these Californians for making gun owners look like knuckle-draggin' dip-sticks.
    I currently take up residence in both SoCal and Tri-State Nevada. Needless to say, I have a first-hand perspective on the gun laws of California, Nevada, and Arizona, as well as the general culture of gun owners from each. In all three states, the pro-gun folks share a common bond which transcends race, religion, political affiliation and socioeconomic status. However you are quite correct - there is a perception, even among gun owners, that some of the most vociferous 2nd Amendment advocates have about as much tact as Elmer Fudd or Yosemite Sam.

Looking at the statistics, gun sales have increased over the past two decades (and it's no surprise to me that there have been noticeable spikes in sales preceding the threat of stricter gun control measures). But once again, I agree with you when you point out that gun ownership is not in vogue. It is unwise to think that practicality and popularity are synonymous with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Nugent Scools Morgan !
    Scools ? Lol
    Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    I currently take up residence in both SoCal and Tri-State Nevada. Needless to say, I have a first-hand perspective on the gun laws of California, Nevada, and Arizona, as well as the general culture of gun owners from each. In all three states, the pro-gun folks share a common bond which transcends race, religion, political affiliation and socioeconomic status. However you are quite correct - there is a perception, even among gun owners, that some of the most vociferous 2nd Amendment advocates have about as much tact as Elmer Fudd or Yosemite Sam.

Looking at the statistics, gun sales have increased over the past two decades (and it's no surprise to me that there have been noticeable spikes in sales preceding the threat of stricter gun control measures). But once again, I agree with you when you point out that gun ownership is not in vogue. It is unwise to think that practicality and popularity are synonymous with one another.
    I've been lobbying to present my nephew with his first BB gun for some time now... It's an uphill battle - and my brother-in-law is a Republican. Can't underestimate the power of a perception... (But I have, I think, managed some wiggle room on giving him a pocket knife before he's eighteen, so, he's got that going for him.)

I've been lobbying to present my nephew with his first BB gun for some time now... It's an uphill battle - and my brother-in-law is a Republican. Can't underestimate the power of a perception... (But I have, I think, managed some wiggle room on giving him a pocket knife before he's eighteen, so, he's got that going for him.)
    It would be totally worth it, if for no other reason than to emulate this scene:

Last edited by Lady Quagga; 12-27-2012 at 09:47 AM.

It would be totally worth it, if for no other reason than to emulate this scene:

Great movie.

I knew a kid in grade school who walked around with a BB embedded in his lower lip because he didn't want to cop to shooting his BB gun in the basement.

To that end (Devil's advocate here) what you you say to the following argument?

"There is really no need for the average citizen to own a semi-auto, 30-round weapon because the best firearm for defense of home and person is a shotgun. When one hears glass breaking at three A.M. the adrenaline will be pumping so hard, the body reacting so intensely that all the range time in the world isn't going to help one put a round in the broad side of a barn let alone a moving target and the most potent means by which to put an intruder down is with the generous application of #3 buckshot."
    Ah CD....there is no firearm suited for every scenario. The one you ultimately choose to keep for self-defense should be suited for the scenario you will most likely encounter.

Using a firearm for self-defense, whether you end up pulling the trigger or not, is an unfortunate experience - one I hope my friends and family never have to face. I'd rather my loved ones avoided situations which place them at unnecessary risk of being harmed - thus avoiding having to use lethal force to protect themselves.

Using a firearm for self-defense, whether you end up pulling the trigger or not, is an unfortunate experience
    I think it would benefit gun owners if they were heard expressing this sentiment more often, but (in my opinion) this cannot be perceived above the din of the "Fill yer hand, you somuvabitch!" caterwaul. Not every NRA member sits around fantasizing about how much fun it would be to actually put a round or two in someone... but the outside observer would never pick that up.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011