Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Pray...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Please Pray...

For the families and friends of all the kids and adults that were killed this morning in Connecticut...

Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    For the families and friends of all the kids and adults that were killed this morning in Connecticut...

Robert
    <><

Prayers being sent.

Amen Robert. I've already said several. Terrible, terrible tragedy...

I don't even have kids and this is tearing me up. They were just babies, for God's sake. WTF?

I'll be praying for the kids and their families.

I'm also gonna be praying that guns are banned and revoked in the US so this kind of thing can be prevented...

Heart goes out to those that suffered in this catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew95 View Post
    I'm also gonna be praying that guns are banned and revoked in the US so this kind of thing can be prevented...
    "Guns don't kill people...."

Sadly, that's the kneejerk reaction that should not happen but will be brought up and encouraged now more than ever. We don't talk about doing anything with people with mental or emotional illness, or family dynamics that push people over an edge. People are allowed to be people regardless of the potential consequences of an action and yet we are bound by law to let them be free until they commit such an act as this. But a mental illness almost always is at the root of these tragedies.

So many people are killed by cops, but we never talk about taking their guns away.

Emotions run high at times like this and we should all step back and take a deep breath before making big decisions like that. We should heal, not do more harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Sadly, that's the kneejerk reaction that should not happen but will be brought up and encouraged now more than ever. We don't talk about doing anything with people with mental or emotional illness, or family dynamics that push people over an edge. People are allowed to be people regardless of the potential consequences of an action and yet we are bound by law to let them be free until they commit such an act as this. But a mental illness almost always is at the root of these tragedies.

So many people are killed by cops, but we never talk about taking their guns away.

Emotions run high at times like this and we should all step back and take a deep breath before making big decisions like that. We should heal, not do more harm.
    First off i would like to say that this is a tragedy and I am praying for and will continue to pray for the family. Secondly, no offense but is this really the thread to debate this stuff. I personally feel we should just leave it at condolences, and save the politics for one of the other 5 political threads we got on this section of the board.

Please now is not the time to throw your views on us. Just pray!

That is rediculious....guns arent the problem, its people. Ever since there has been people there has been violence. Wether it be poking someones eye out with a stick or shooting up a school. Its the people not the tool. I think guns should be allowed to the proper people in schools. I mean think about it, a sicko can do what every he wants in a school because there is no one to stop him....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07gU5sGkRds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast