Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood 12-14-12

Default Silverwood 12-14-12

The one that got away.... Shore fished over at the point by rock quarry at about 8am until noon. Saw quite a bit of striper chasing fish up against the rocks. Picked up a trout pattern storm kickin stick about a month ago and had yet to get a hit on it and was determined to. Threw right into where I saw some action and within a few seconds... fish on! And he felt big. Had to loosen my drag a few times. Unfortunately with the set up I have, I'm only using 10lb test. Fought him for about 5 minutes and the unthinkable happened, loose line. I might have cried like a school girl but not sure. Lost the fish, lost the lure. Used what I thought was a nice strong palomar knot. Had nightmares last night. Take care

THATS FISHIN PAL ,GO BACK AND GET THEM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

Chasing fish against the shore? Rainbows or shad? Haven't been back there for a while, good to hear there is action, sorry about the one that got away, Storm's are an old standby.

Sucks to lose the big one but good job hooking up one something. I fished near that area for about two hours throwing hudds and spros but didn't get even a chaser. Saw one boil but it was a trout.

Condolences.

It's always the big one that gets away.

6. Default

Great report, thanks. Sorry about the loss!