Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverwood report, 12-8-12

Default Silverwood report, 12-8-12

Went to silverwood and got to lake around 9am. This day was more so testing out the boat but trolled the lake for about 5 hours. I went out the week prior and the bite was ok. Not that bad. Caught a few and missed a few stripers.

Saturday however, was a different story. In the 1 week, they must have dropped the water over 5 feet. It was almost a different lake.

Also, the water had a very green tint to it, with lots of little algae dots floating in the water. The week prior, the surface water was around 53 degrees, however this day, it was around 58 degrees.

Seems like it was a very tough bite and we only brought in 1.

I was thinking maybe the lake turned over this last week since the color of the water was 100% different from the week prior, and the water temp has changed. Also, the water drop really was a lot. Will give it a try again in a few weeks!

Any thoughts?

I don't know about the turnover but the water is on it's way back up again, that's the way it is at Silverwood in the winter, they work on the duct water level drops quick they finish work water level goes back up quick, this has to at times confuse the fish and alter water temp.

any news from shore?

Quote Originally Posted by tree View Post
    any news from shore?
    Tough bite this time of the year unless you are targeting trout or want to put in large amounts of time screwing up your elbow tossing swimbaits in hopes of a bigger striper.

Oh so those micro schoolies are no longer in the coves eating topwaters in the wee hours? :(

Went on Saturday, no luck. Seal is spot on, you can go catch trout around the boat ramp or bring your favorite swim bait and some Motrin and start heaving. Saw a 7lb. Striper get caught west of the boat dock.

Quote Originally Posted by tree View Post
    Oh so those micro schoolies are no longer in the coves eating topwaters in the wee hours? :(
    Game over unless you are in a boat and go deep for um. Later in spring they will start slurping on fry, different than a spook type topwater bite but still fun with small plastics.

its too cold not worth it baahahha

seal i think i lost my pliers :( maybe i dropped them

Quote Originally Posted by Airona124 View Post
    its too cold not worth it baahahha

seal i think i lost my pliers :( maybe i dropped them
    Oh no!!! I know I gave um back to you. I'll take a look tonight.

i think i dropped them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast