Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: the decline of DVL ....... BLAME IT OF THE STRIPERS..please no catch and release guys

I can give you guys a prime example that the powers that be knew what would happen if stripers got in DVL. Look north east to that once best largemouth lake in the west, Lake Mead.
    That was years ago ,but my dad got to fish it before the stripers took over, and after they were introduced. He told me stories about how thick the backs of the coves would with LMB.
    With the water being so clear you can see bass in 25 ft of water. Went from avid LMB fisherman to trolling for stripers or drifting for them. One year I remember there was 6 boats in one
    area [4 of those were in our group] not right next to each other but within shoutin distance. You drop your rig to the bottom crank the reel handle 3 times and feel the tap,tap,tap. Limits
    in 30 to 60 minutes.for every boat there. And the LMB? They are around but you have to really work for them. God help DVL.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    agreed, dvl needs to get off their high horse, and focus on business management. get the anglers which will increase revenue. I unfortuntaley have a 2 stroke, but fortunately i fish all the other lakes. No loss to me, just a loss to DVL.

I doubt boaters think, man i'm gonna fish DVL because only 4 strokes are here.
    It's about keeping our future drinking water clean and easier to process . It has NOTHING to do with boaters thoughts. With that said I too wish i could use my two stroke motors there and at Skinner . But alas. it is not so . :(

Lol, these topics crack me up. if anything, stripers are GOOD for the lake, so long as they are controlled.

I see no need to eradicate them, since apex predators are the maintenance crew of a lake. Just keep the pressure on em.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    Lol, these topics crack me up. if anything, stripers are GOOD for the lake, so long as they are controlled.

I see no need to eradicate them, since apex predators are the maintenance crew of a lake. Just keep the pressure on em.
    Controlled? How? Pressure on them? How? If you fish for stripers, they are good for the lake..most other species including trout? Not so much. Your choice..but Controlled and or pressure?

Not happening by fisherman.

wow that is some bad spelling lol

There's no contolling mr stripey ,he doe's what he want's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The only control is a lake treatment to poison the fish and then to start over . This has been done a few times by F&G
    to lakes overrun by a fish species . NOT THAT IT WILL HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON ! It's expensive in a drinking water storage
    lake. Kwin weighed in on this and stated STRIPERS ARE NOT A PROBLEM YET!
    Last edited by Stalker Of Fish; 02-08-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Oh God, Help us please!

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker Of Fish View Post
    STRIPERS ARE NOT A PROBLEM YET!
    Yet?

So, I guess we wait until the problem becomes full fledged before we do anything about it, gotcha. You sure you don't work with the DFG?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSick17 View Post
    wow that is some bad spelling lol
    You know what FNN really needs? A spell check feature on it's reply link.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast