Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: the decline of DVL ....... BLAME IT OF THE STRIPERS..please no catch and release guys

Quote Originally Posted by stocker View Post
    Their whole day can be ruined over forgetting their 6lb flouro and the "lucky" watermelon jumbalaya colored limited edition robo worm.

This made me laugh than, oddly hungry.

DVL_Local

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbob View Post
    It is a MAN MADE lake that has been stocked with NON NATIVE fish!! If the largemouth bass population gets too low then they can stock some more!!
    When you overstock a lake with one species it tends to stunt the population.

Why don't the powers that be stock some WALLEYE in the lake. They are compatible with the fish already in there It would really produce a balanced fresh water fishery as well as being the best eating fish by far if they were introduced. DT

I think we are lucky we get to fish DVL at all . There were many people at the MWD who were opposed to any recreational
    or even public access there. It came very close to being another Lake Mathews . My only grievance with that lake is how
    the public was misled about it's recreational development . The claims that the lake has been ruined are not based on facts they are opinions . Formed perhaps not by actual fish numbers but by the luck or skill level the complainers posses .
    If I was unhappy with a lakes species population . I would simply find another lake that had an abundance of
    the fish I wanted to target . Complaining is not going to change anything especially if you are in the minority .
    Just be happy there are fish for us to catch because we are all fortunate indeed to have that privileged .

Quote Originally Posted by Dsrt Tortise View Post
    Why don't the powers that be stock some WALLEYE in the lake. They are compatible with the fish already in there It would really produce a balanced fresh water fishery as well as being the best eating fish by far if they were introduced. DT
    dfg is not going to plant a non native fish to california because if it somehow gets into other lake is can ruin fisheries. like stipers.

Quote Originally Posted by maki909 View Post
    dfg is not going to plant a non native fish to california because if it somehow gets into other lake is can ruin fisheries. like stipers.
    So what do you propose we fish for if not for non-native species? You do realize I hope that LMB, crappie, catfish, bluegill, carp, etc.,etc.... are all non-native species. Even the forage fish like threadfin shad are introduced species. Here is a link to a discussion of fish introduced into California. As you can see, it includes most of our targeted species other than a few of the native trout.

Fishing tales told here - some true.
    The Best of Fishbreath

Quote Originally Posted by maki909 View Post
    Lol

It is all Fake. Lakes and fish. Even Big Bear is man made.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbreath View Post
    So what do you propose we fish for if not for non-native species? You do realize I hope that LMB, crappie, catfish, bluegill, carp, etc.,etc.... are all non-native species. Even the forage fish like threadfin shad are introduced species. Here is a link to a discussion of fish introduced into California. As you can see, it includes most of our targeted species other than a few of the native trout.
    [/url]
    believe me i am well aware of what species are non-native and what are native. im juss saying those were introduce long ago and they are impossible to get rid of so y add more that can possibly harm wat is already here.

Admin needs to kill this thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by KingShad View Post
    Admin needs to kill this thread

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast