Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: the decline of DVL ....... BLAME IT OF THE STRIPERS..please no catch and release guys

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    agreed, dvl needs to get off their high horse, and focus on business management. get the anglers which will increase revenue. I unfortuntaley have a 2 stroke, but fortunately i fish all the other lakes. No loss to me, just a loss to DVL.

I doubt boaters think, man i'm gonna fish DVL because only 4 strokes are here.
    It ain't about the lake (marina) folks, it's the MWD. They could care less about fishing as there is no profit in it for them. They just want clean water to sell...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Yup, just a Bow wearing inmates clothing...
    Call it what ya want, but that aint no striper.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Nice try but that aint no stripey
    lake trout eating a grayling. would be rad if it was brown eating a striper.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    lake trout eating a grayling. would be rad if it was brown eating a striper.
    Thanks for the clarification...

Imagine the 3:16 baits produced if the big browns started munchin on baby stripes

no sweat dude. i REALLY want to try for some big browns on the swimmer. from what i hear they're VICIOUS!!!

I get the 2stroke, 4 stroke thing with water reservoir first. But sure wish 2 strokes were allowed.
    They need to make the lake cheaper to fish at. Too many fees and kinda pricey.
    They also need to have more access around the lake for guys on foot, like a new road and parking lot half way down the lake and something on the other side as well

Quote Originally Posted by DrePSP View Post
    I get the 2stroke, 4 stroke thing with water reservoir first. But sure wish 2 strokes were allowed.
    They need to make the lake cheaper to fish at. Too many fees and kinda pricey.
    They also need to have more access around the lake for guys on foot, like a new road and parking lot half way down the lake and something on the other side as well
    Unfortunately it will never happen as all land from the water line up is designated wilderness. That was part of the deal with the eco's in order for the lake to be built. It's also why we can't get into the lake until after sunrise. The don't want the kangaroo rats and rabbits getting run over...

One thing I hate about some of these lakes is can't get in early and then you can't stay late. Wtf is that all about?! Lakes need to change it!
    But seriously, if dvl thinks it has a problem and wants fishermens help, they need to cut down the fees. It's a big lake that's hard to fish. I kind of gave up on the lake as I am tired if getting skunked. The fish are there but you need to know how and where to fish it. And time and money are tight

"The fish are there but you need to know how and where to fish it". Wow that's kind of like any lake, not sure your making your point DREpsp. Because a lake is harder to fish they should lower the costs? Confusing post. There are lakes that you can fish early and late but I would agree it would be nice to have more but welcome to Southern Californy!

Quote Originally Posted by DrePSP View Post
    One thing I hate about some of these lakes is can't get in early and then you can't stay late. Wtf is that all about?! Lakes need to change it!
    But seriously, if dvl thinks it has a problem and wants fishermens help, they need to cut down the fees. It's a big lake that's hard to fish. I kind of gave up on the lake as I am tired if getting skunked. The fish are there but you need to know how and where to fish it. And time and money are tight
    The lakes can't change it. That is the government and the eco's that inhabit it. As I stated in my post above, the MWD(own's the water) had to agree to that in order for the lake to be built. As far as pricing is concerned, it's a sign of the times bro. The marina area is leased from the MWD by the operators. They have to pay the employees, maintain the rentals, pay for the gas of said rentals, stock the trout, maintain the floating bathrooms, etc. etc. Now that the "people" of Cali have given their one party system carte blanche to tax and fee at their whims, and forced healthcare, cap and tax, etc. etc. it's going to get even more expensive. Really, as far as costs are concerned, "you ain't seen nothing yet"...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast