Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Freediving for Bugs?

Default Freediving for Bugs?

Sorry for the bother guys but I was wondering if there was a general location near Seal/Bolsa Chica beach that would be good for freediving for bugs. I can hold my breath anywhere between 2-3 minutes. My buddy has a skipjack and he usually takes it out to freedive but hes been having issues with his trailer. I was wondering if anyone could give some advice to a newbie. Thanks everyone. Take care

be safe out there everyone!.... i know of a l.a. local diver who passed last week during a nite dive. bugging perhaps?? not sure of details but can speculate caught in kelp or equipment failure/health condition etc..?? i know he was experienced and mayb even broke #1 rule of thumb , never dive alone... reminds me of lady diver found off palosverdes that was missing for a week august 2012... found with all her snorkel gear on, car still in parking lot. foul play ruled out...

Hit the jetty at sunset. Wait a few days after the rain.