Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: diamond valley lake saturday........ DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE ABOUT THIS LAKE UNLESS YO

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Now that's fighting class with class!
    Hey leave the guy alone, MAYBE '' THE DEVIL MADE HIM DO IT" ! ha ha ha hee hee hee

I looked at Lord of the creeps picture.......
    Could be a woman...............A real UGLY woman!..............
    Just sayin.....
    Last edited by Hunter Of Fish; 02-04-2013 at 02:15 PM.

some of you guys whine more than my 5 yr old nephew . Use your brain and don't worry about what the guy in the $40,000 bass boat is doing .This is still a free country and if he wants to use a fish finder that's up to him. You sound like you might be a little jelous of them boys . Read the structure ,the weather and go have fun. Lake Mead went through the exact same
    process years ago and the two lakes are alot alike. After the stripers had their way with the LMB population things got tough, real tough.Then the gradual draw down of the lake level since 1976 and look how low it is now. But if you just cast after cast to the same old patterns and places you will get skunked everytime . By now I'm sure everyone has heard about the
    death of Chris Kyle and his friend in Texas on Sunday . Those of you who don't know who he is listen up. Chris was a Navey seal sniper [retired] and served 4 tours in Iraq . The bad guys
    put an $80,000 bounty on his head and named hin "The Devil of Ramadi " Chris had 163 confirmed kills and one of those was from over 2,000 yds. Thanks Chris for keeping us safe so we can do all these things we do in America . He was one of the main deterents in the towns of Ramadi and Falluja denying the enemy vital roads of travel. They knew if they went there they were dead. Thanks FNN and all it's members . Tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by detailer View Post
    some of you guys whine more than my 5 yr old nephew . Use your brain and don't worry about what the guy in the $40,000 bass boat is doing .This is still a free country and if he wants to use a fish finder that's up to him. You sound like you might be a little jelous of them boys . Read the structure ,the weather and go have fun. Lake Mead went through the exact same
    process years ago and the two lakes are alot alike. After the stripers had their way with the LMB population things got tough, real tough.Then the gradual draw down of the lake level since 1976 and look how low it is now. But if you just cast after cast to the same old patterns and places you will get skunked everytime . By now I'm sure everyone has heard about the
    death of Chris Kyle and his friend in Texas on Sunday . Those of you who don't know who he is listen up. Chris was a Navey seal sniper [retired] and served 4 tours in Iraq . The bad guys
    put an $80,000 bounty on his head and named hin "The Devil of Ramadi " Chris had 163 confirmed kills and one of those was from over 2,000 yds. Thanks Chris for keeping us safe so we can do all these things we do in America . He was one of the main deterents in the towns of Ramadi and Falluja denying the enemy vital roads of travel. They knew if they went there they were dead. Thanks FNN and all it's members . Tight lines.
    Thanks for the story of CPO Kyle. This was an unfortunate event. Not sure how the segue was made, but RIP CPO Kyle.

As to your comparison of DVL and Mead, not sure about that. Lake Mead is the largest single man-made lake in the world and compared to it, DVL is a little pond. Second, Mead is not a pay-to-fish lake. Lastly, Mead's water level goes down for an additional reason that DVL does not share...its water is used by at least four neighboring states.

Also, that part about what others are doing is a good point. Worry about yourself and your own fishing skills and stop wasting time on others unless they are breaking the law or interfereing with your own leisure time. Sometimes I think to myself, "man I would like to have a boat like that!" or "man I would like to own a fishfinder." But NEVER do I say, he only catches fish because of his money and toys...What's the use even if it is true? That's not me and I can only do what I can with what the Good Lord gave me.

Now, I like how this thread and threads like these blow up this far. As far as I am concerned, there are a couple of salient points that we should remember:
    1. First and for most, this is a fishing forum for us to share, learn and otherwise celebrate the sport of fishing and the comradery that accompanies fishing. I don't think its founders, especially Mr. Dana Rea, would really care for these prolonged bash sessions.
    2. Fact and opinion are very much a different species that seem to get confused on this forum. Getting skunked is a fact of this sport. Getting skunked because of someone else, well, sometimes that can be true, but most of the times, that is merely an opinion. Just live with it.
    3. If you are going to pay to fish and get skunked, learn your lesson and move on. Why pay to fish thinking that you will get your money's worth? I highly doubt a trout, or any other freshwater fish you are targetting is worth that much. Go to Costco if you want to eat trout. Its cheaper.
    4. Having said all of that, this is a semi-public forum and free speech is still the law of the land, so if you can't abide by points 1 through 3 above, by all means...have at each other.

It is a sad day when adults behave like children.
    Last edited by skunked4life; 02-05-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDOFTHEDEEP View Post
    this post is my own personal opinion
    Yeah, no...you may rant about your experience and that is your right, but don't get confused between fact and opinion. 7 foot drop in one week? If you can back that up with legitimate sources, ok, I will apologize, but at that rate, the lake would be dry in a few months. The water level and time of year? I don't know enough about lake fishing to really debate this, but isn't winter a good time of year for trout fishing? Also, sometimes a low water level allows you to get to areas that you normally wouldn't be able to get to right? Just because your personal honey hole disappears, it doesn't mean that the lake sucks.

I am not bashing on your right to express yourself. I am pointing out that if you state these things as a matter of factly and in a way that informs the public in an encouraging manner, you may not get so many people hating on you.

Now my personal opinion of the last point you make, "I dont need any pointers on how to fish"...well, you do need pointers on what it means to fish. Unless you are some antiquated tribesman looking to feed your family, this should be a sport, you know something done for fun. Every athlete, amateur and pro will fail time to time. In fact, no one person succeeds more than they fail. Its life dude, just relax and live with it. You will do much better in life.

Don't hate, try to relate.

Corona vs DVL-the worst comparison that I can think of.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345