Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: diamond valley lake saturday........ DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE ABOUT THIS LAKE UNLESS YO

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default diamond valley lake saturday........ DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE ABOUT THIS LAKE UNLESS YO

this post is my own personal opinion because I have been fishing DVL for the last 5 years and its getting worst and worst out here dont waste your time or money out here .the water level dropped 7 feet in one week and screwed everything up
    the usual spots are off although I caught 1 awesome brown hookjaw on my first cast with rainbow powerbait
    from then on nothing all day and many anglers on shore were skunked
    although there are posts saying that you got to fight to catch fish out here fishing deep structure and so on and soforth I would like to say DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE ABOUT THIS LAKE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SKUNKED AND DEPRESSED
    its the water level and the time of year that makes fishing out here so tough and there are other options besides the jewel
    and by the way I dont need any pointers on how to fish
    if you are a new fisherman go to corona lake and you will catch fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree....All of you....go to Corona Lake.

Oh boy this should get good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I agree....All of you....go to Corona Lake.
    But not Laguna Niguel Lake cause I heard on here they didn't stock last week. :)

Well, the cats out of the bag. DVL sucks if you actually want to catch fish. All these rumors of dd lmb and stripers caught daily over 20lbs is a myth so I would have to agree, if anyone wants to go fishing and actually catch something try a regional park or hatchery. And the water level dropping did ruin everything because all those rocks and submerged areas we use to fish with low water level are gone now, just a mud bottom. And that darn green crap all over the surface just makes it totally un fishable. Looks like ill have to find a new lake to fish as well, was fun while it lasted. I don't need any fishing advice either, its all bs and I'm never going again.
    Last edited by SEA ADDICTION; 12-10-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Proving my point yet again stock truck chasers are the scurge of angling

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Proving my point yet again stock truck chasers are the scurge of angling
    Tough fishing conditions have always seperated the men from the boys, not to be confused with wannabee's.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDOFTHEDEEP View Post
    this post is my own personal opinion because I have been fishing DVL for the last 5 years and its getting worst and worst out here dont waste your time or money out here .the water level dropped 7 feet in one week and screwed everything up
    the usual spots are off although I caught 1 awesome brown hookjaw on my first cast with rainbow powerbait
    from then on nothing all day and many anglers on shore were skunked
    although there are posts saying that you got to fight to catch fish out here fishing deep structure and so on and soforth I would like to say DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE ABOUT THIS LAKE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SKUNKED AND DEPRESSED
    its the water level and the time of year that makes fishing out here so tough and there are other options besides the jewel
    and by the way I dont need any pointers on how to fish
    if you are a new fisherman go to corona lake and you will catch fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    haha really?
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 12-10-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Actually, I kinda agree with this guy. Yes, he comes off as a buffoon, but he does make a subtle point: DVL is not what it used to be.

Still a great fishery though. Remember, this is fishing, NOT catching. For catching, visit Jess' Ranch and the guy staking out the lake with binoculars
    will inform you of the exact stocking schedule. He might even comment on proper stocking amount and technique to make absolutely sure there are 7 fat rainbow trout stacked per every last square inch of lake. Maybe then you might catch one!

Truly, I love the challenge of DVL. The only thing I love about catching a big *** striper or 10lb LMB on a swimbait is watching 4 of them follow it to the boat.

I enjoy fishing, not just catching. I remember our last strong El Nino. I was catching 8-10 pound Yellowtail from my Sea Doo 300 yards off the coast of Huntington Beach on every other cast on Rapalas and Iron. Believe it or not, I actually got BORED. Can you believe that? I got BORED of catching yellowtail. LOL. I love the hunt. Thats what makes it fun!

I love DVL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Remember, this is fishing, NOT catching.
    I enjoy fishing.
    I love the hunt.
    Thats what makes it fun!
    ......bingo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast