Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Feb 11th report

Default Feb 11th report

Got to the lake around 0830 and decided on a new first stop, got one on the 4th or 5th cast of the day, skunk squashed again ha ha . Good feeling first thing when fishing, it just feels like a load is just knocked off and now I can just enjoy. There was a decent amount of boaters today at least in the teens maybe twenties? Still felt like a ghost town on the water. Not bad bite with the small fish but I left wanting my bigger fix. Beautiful day....not too hot, not too cold, windy but not too windy. Ended the day with 7, with 3 coming in the same spot in the afternoon. Couple pics again, not that the fish in my last few reports are anything to brag about, just showing that they have been healthy looking.

Water temp- 56.4-59.3
    Line- 4 lb fluro(Texas rig)
    8 lb fluro (drop shot)
    Morning dawn robo/watermelon with red flake senkos/brushogs

I do miss getting to the lake at opening time and getting that early bite. Good luck all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	39070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	39071  

Thanks for the report. Nice looking fish too! Just out of curiosity, why do you fish 4lb for T-rigs and 8lb for DS? I usually make my DS line thinner than my t-rigs

Quote Originally Posted by a321eric View Post
    Thanks for the report. Nice looking fish too! Just out of curiosity, why do you fish 4lb for T-rigs and 8lb for DS? I usually make my DS line thinner than my t-rigs

Thanks.

Usually I'm not using more than 6 lb on plastics but I had to re-spool on the water and that was the lightest I had on my boat. My big rigs I go bigger line but I have a thing about using light line and I use Texas rig more than drop shot. When I first started using plastics I Texas rigged first and stuck with it as primary.