Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: diamond valley lake saturday........ DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE ABOUT THIS LAKE UNLESS YO

looks like we got another jigmaster over here

I say again, 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDOFTHEDEEP View Post
    this post is my own personal opinion because I have been fishing DVL for the last 5 years and its getting worst and worst out here dont waste your time or money out here .the water level dropped 7 feet in one week and screwed everything up
    the usual spots are off although I caught 1 awesome brown hookjaw on my first cast with rainbow powerbait
    from then on nothing all day and many anglers on shore were skunked
    although there are posts saying that you got to fight to catch fish out here fishing deep structure and so on and soforth I would like to say DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE ABOUT THIS LAKE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SKUNKED AND DEPRESSED
    its the water level and the time of year that makes fishing out here so tough and there are other options besides the jewel
    and by the way I dont need any pointers on how to fish
    if you are a new fisherman go to corona lake and you will catch fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bububububuwawawawawait, didn't you just say this the other day?

i was there last week and a 39 or 40 lb striper jumped half way out the water and scared the carp out of me
    whether its solw or not ..the fish i saw would have killed me if it landed in my boat and i am going to keep my vest on at all times because this fish was so big it would have damaged my boat...totally insane
    it was like a ocean fish................i am still scared......the noise it made when it came out of the water was like the sound of a train going by
    I think you're just scared of trains...

Actually, I kinda agree with this guy. Yes, he comes off as a buffoon, but he does make a subtle point: DVL is not what it used to be.

Still a great fishery though. Remember, this is fishing, NOT catching. For catching, visit Jess' Ranch and the guy staking out the lake with binoculars
    will inform you of the exact stocking schedule. He might even comment on proper stocking amount and technique to make absolutely sure there are 7 fat rainbow trout stacked per every last square inch of lake. Maybe then you might catch one!

Truly, I love the challenge of DVL. The only thing I love about catching a big *** striper or 10lb LMB on a swimbait is watching 4 of them follow it to the boat.

I enjoy fishing, not just catching. I remember our last strong El Nino. I was catching 8-10 pound Yellowtail from my Sea Doo 300 yards off the coast of Huntington Beach on every other cast on Rapalas and Iron. Believe it or not, I actually got BORED. Can you believe that? I got BORED of catching yellowtail. LOL. I love the hunt. Thats what makes it fun!

I love DVL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Remember, this is fishing, NOT catching.
    I enjoy fishing.
    I love the hunt.
    Thats what makes it fun!
    ......bingo

this post is my own personal opinion because I have been fishing DVL for the last 5 years and its getting worst and worst out here dont waste your time or money out here .the water level dropped 7 feet in one week and screwed everything up
    the usual spots are off although I caught 1 awesome brown hookjaw on my first cast with rainbow powerbait
    although there are posts saying that you got to fight to catch fish out here fishing deep structure and so on and soforth I would like to say DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE ABOUT THIS LAKE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SKUNKED AND DEPRESSED
    its the water level and the time of year that makes fishing out here so tough and there are other options besides the jewel
    if you are a new fisherman go to corona lake and you will catch fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so the bite is back at dvl awesome.......reverse psychology right? Lol

I'm a bit confused.

although I caught 1 awesome brown hookjaw on my first cast with rainbow powerbait
    Awesome! A trout fisherman. I once caught a brown on my first cast, but it rose for an Elk Hair Caddis. But, anyway, since you obviously fish for trout, I would think you'd be content with the stockings of trout that occur there on a more frequent basis than any other non-pay lake. I've seen some huge (Alpers?) trout there cruising the shoreline after every stock. I think you'd be stoked about DVL's stocker trout potential with both the DFG and the County throwing fish in frequently.

although there are posts saying that you got to fight to catch fish out here fishing deep structure and so on and soforth
    Wait. I thought that advice is being given to largemouth anglers. I thought you like flinging the ole Rainbow Powerbait for the trout? You're also a bass angler?

DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE ABOUT THIS LAKE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SKUNKED AND DEPRESSED
    Depressed? Geez. If I ever come back home after a day of getting skunked from fishing and I get depressed, remind me to find a different hobby.

Obviously not!

But I *did* have a question for you.

So how exactly do you fish that Powerbait along deep structure? Do you prefer a vertical presentation on top of deep humps, or do you slowly drag that bad boy across deep channels, anchoring in the shallow and fishing that presentation uphill?

Wait.

Are you a Corona Lake representative?

And you're stirring up all this antiDVL sentiment to what? Sell more Corona admissions?

hey,l i remember fishing there bout 5 years ago, nailing a limit of trout, then jetting over to a cove and CpR'ing a limit of cats (we only kept two cats, both at 10 pounds, i can keep a couple right?), then catching pan fish until my wrist hurt, then you could toss a drop shot and nail a few hog bass, and on and on and on. seriously ive had a few 10 (or was it 9? some of those sunfish look too close to discern...) species days at DVL and i must say it used to be an excellent lake. the trout are all gone it seems, or at least those great pink meted hold overs are. sure i kept my share and that didn't help the situation but there were thousands of them each year and there was so little fishing pressure. i used to catch 1 pound blue gill every trip too. the striped bass, as much fun as they are, have eaten most of this up. now im not a line-side basher, this is a just the nature of the beast. it happened at silverwood, and a few other places too . so the lake is a little tougher to fish now that there are 10-40 pound jail birds in there but that's ok too. i dont mind tougher fishing, there are still tons of fish in there if you know how to get to them.

you arent going to catch many trout here it's just a fact. i suggest we wean our selves off of hatchery fish in general. why sit and wait for a school of identical 11 inch, liver flavored stocked trout to swim by when you could be hunting a 30 pound blue cat? its just the wrong lake for pay, put and take. i suggest you go to BBL if you want trout, and the hold overs there are in the 2 pund range, delicious, fatty and with flesh red as a salmon. DVL is absolutely a self sustaining lake. catfish are everywhere and they are huge, bass are there just learn how to fish for them, same goes for the Jail birds. sunfish could survive in a puddle if it was permanent, that goes for carp too which ive seen some monsters there. there are enough pan fish and carp in there to keep an army of 6 year old entertained, why bait and wait for trout when there are tons of wild fish you could hook up to? hey, and if you decide to keep a couple they taste better too. do i miss filling a live well with 4 pound hold over trout? yes. hey those times are gone, you came to the party a little late.

good hunting
    Last edited by Tubbytuba; 12-10-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Actually, I kinda agree with this guy. Yes, he comes off as a buffoon, but he does make a subtle point: DVL is not what it used to be.

Still a great fishery though. Remember, this is fishing, NOT catching. For catching, visit Jess' Ranch and the guy staking out the lake with binoculars
    will inform you of the exact stocking schedule. He might even comment on proper stocking amount and technique to make absolutely sure there are 7 fat rainbow trout stacked per every last square inch of lake. Maybe then you might catch one!

Truly, I love the challenge of DVL. The only thing I love about catching a big *** striper or 10lb LMB on a swimbait is watching 4 of them follow it to the boat.

I enjoy fishing, not just catching. I remember our last strong El Nino. I was catching 8-10 pound Yellowtail from my Sea Doo 300 yards off the coast of Huntington Beach on every other cast on Rapalas and Iron. Believe it or not, I actually got BORED. Can you believe that? I got BORED of catching yellowtail. LOL. I love the hunt. Thats what makes it fun!

I love DVL.
    "the hunt"

You nailed it...

this is the same guy that come spring time is gonna talk about how great dvl is and how many bass he caught... fishing aint easy right now especially from shore.. try chuckin a kastmaster all day instead of throwin masterbate...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast