Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really?

Default Really?

got to the lake late today around 6:40 thinking i was gonna be like 5 or 6 cars backed up. needless to say there were two boats including me and absolutely no shore fisherman. what the hell's up?

bite was great yesterday and was excellent today. as much as i love the fact i had the lake to myself, it sucks that people wanting to get there kids on fish are holding back right now. fish are staging getting ready to move up when the weather starts getting more consistent. had over 20 yesterday and about the same today. the majority of the fish were between 1-2.5 pounds but mixed in were some fish to 4 pounds. same stuff i always preach as far as techniques go. took pictures of the fish thinking i was gonna post em, but dont really think its worth it being the size of fish was lacking. definitely make it a point to get out there soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	38953

Thinking it might have something to do with jobs being it's Monday. Just a thought there buddy! Lol

Wow and I thought last Tuesday was bad when I showed up 7th at 0730.

I've never seen it that bad though even on a monday

haha yeah i thought about the work thing and then maybe all the hangovers going around

for a monday though there are at least a half dozen boats i can usually count on seeing. it was so wild to see it that empty. i was tripping out. i told jessica that i thought the lake was closed at first.

i was lovin it though. so weird to be fishing for 3 or 4 hours before i even heard or saw a boat. it was so quiet. made me jealous of all the guys fishing big water!

lake attendence is down everywhere matt ,especially at the wild fish lakes , the pay lakes are doing better most people catch at them, with the ease of catching stocked trout and being closer to the big city , and with the economie down alot of the lakes are suffering at the gates,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,

Words out Dvl blows! By all accounts fish being caught have to be worked for, and thats just too difficult

Youve read the reports Mattie?

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Words out Dvl blows! By all accounts fish being caught have to be worked for, and thats just too difficult

Youve read the reports Mattie?
    For some people,

FISHING IS ALWAYS LIKE THAT! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ben0606 View Post
    Wow and I thought last Tuesday was bad when I showed up 7th at 0730.
    We were there at 6:30, 3 boats launched including ours. A few more straggled in throughout the day but geez. That must've been you we passed once or twice. Fishing wasn't off the charts but we caught several that day once we figured out what they wanted, where they were going, and what they were doing...

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    lake attendence is down everywhere matt ,especially at the wild fish lakes , the pay lakes are doing better most people catch at them, with the ease of catching stocked trout and being closer to the big city , and with the economie down alot of the lakes are suffering at the gates,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I believe you are on the money T/O. While more are working, they are making less money due to lower paying jobs, being taxed more, and gas is over 4 bucks a gallon. They had another round of layoffs at the marina a couple of weeks ago. You now pay fees at the marina store, and they moved the inspection kiosk to the top of the ramp. Not sure how long they can hang on and stay open. They are definitely losing money...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast