Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Party of Three 12/9 "PB" Bean & Legal Halibut. Plus a Few Bonus Reports!

Another PB and also a legal hali for Wingnut..... congrats buddy! Def can't get enough of your reports and pics keep 'em coming!

TS

Arthur my friend....... You never cease to amaze me with your dedication to your family and to this wonderful sport that has infected our souls for life. Your reports always seem to balance out perfectly every aspect of life proving that it is possible to excel at fishing and business while never neglecting the most important things like family,friends and even your prized little furry companions.
    WOW.....You weren't kidding when you told me that your PB bean was a toad. I could hear you screaming "White Sea Bass" when she took that initial bolt for open water. Way to go taking the lead over the entire SWAT team on the legal Halibut count for the year too!
    That new structure that Robert located looks amazing and even though you told me that you couldn't believe there wasn't more quality fish in it.......It will stack up sooner or later for sure. It looks absolutely sick and now both you and Robert have a score to settle there on the loss of a few bigger fish.
    I plan on a few final assaults before we wrap up 2012 and hope we get a chance to bid farewell to this season and start a new one on the sand my friend.

I wish you and your family all of the best throughout the holiday season......MERRY FISHMAS BROTHA!

Hey Arthur,
    Sorry I didn't get to congratulate you properly in my text...was busy with my son's swim lesson. Way to go with the PB bean and legal flattie! I was getting geared up at A.O. #2 wondering if you guys were gonna show up but figured you had made it further down the road...good call! Not that I had a bad session but didn't compare to the damage you guys did. Hope you and Wingnut pug are feeling better. I gotta try that dinner A.O. some day. As good as the Iron Chef is at putting a meal together, I gotta imagine that place is awesome if it was your restaurant of choice.

John,
    Congrats on your first sand bass! Always a nice surprise rolling up on some friends when going out on a mission.

Robert,
    Great job keeping Arthur on track and getting him lined up for the attack! That 30"+ flattie is making this personal...time to go get that bass-turd! 3rd time's a charm, right!

Nice going guys!!!
    Don
    Last edited by bachiboy; 12-11-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Sick session Art. Is that the same beach that you took us to when we fish with Robert and John that last time?
    Like Sokha said, we spent two days targeting Stripers in the San Fransico Bay for a skunk.
    You were right, should have taken your advice and hired a guide.
    I thought for sure you would have taken Lynn to Chaya, but Mr. Chow is an excellent choice too.
    Thanks for the Christmas card bro, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Smile Wingnut's Response...

Quote Originally Posted by bloox8 View Post
    Like always, great report Arthur
    Congrats on the legal and extra congrats for the PB Bean.
    How many legals are you at this year?????

Thien
    Thien, my legal Halibut count for the year stinks... only 9. Compared to last year of 24.
    I hit the surf this year about half as much as I did last year, combined with a relatively slow Halibut bite overall this season.
    We started out fast & furious with some really good Halibut action from January thru April, but after that, legals have been hard to come by.
    I'm already looking forward to next Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    Arthur,

First of all I'm glad you are feeling better My Friend! And Thank You for the pic from your visit with our Friend Fisherman 57.

The text this morning announcing your personal best corbina put a smile on my face because I know good things come to Good People! That was a phrase Dana used and I Believe it is very true.

Sounds like it was a good day on the water with Robert and John and I wish I could have been there with you guys!

I'll be talking to you soon...........

By the way, Emilie says to take good care of Wingnut Pug!
    Thanks Terry, I miss our friend... he makes a great Santa, don't ya think?
    You and Trolly only have a couple more weeks to make a run at the S.W.A.T. Leader Board.
    Tell Emilie that Wingnut Pug is in good hands... the Iron Chef is totally spoiling her, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Great looking bean Arthur, Never seen one that big before. Thanks for the great pics and report. Take care buddy
    Thanks Rob, I've seen bigger... by people who I fish with...
    Have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLest View Post
    Whats up guys!
    Once again great outing and another legal bites to dust.
    The water looks great! im getting that itch right about now, lol.
    Arthur, I couldnt stop laughing with the whole fabio thing, you should take it as a compliment John!
    Roberto, nice socks bro. Are those the new simms waterproof socks in vanilla color? lol!
    Hey Frank, I was totally bummed when I heard about your little set-back...
    I'm sure you will be back in the action soon, they will be there waiting for you bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    A PB and a legal in 10 minutes. Very impressive commander. I'm sure the boys couldn't believe their eyes Nice job as always. Put a little Orajel on Wingnut pugs gums. Poor guy.
    I'll take that action all day long...
    You and Tess should get out there one last time this year and make a run at the Leader Board.

Quote Originally Posted by jinbow View Post
    I never knew Corbinas would strike the FM 110, you really got some Poseidon blessing.
    Congrats on the legal and hope your pug feels better now.
    Great report as always Arthur. Thanks.
    Fair hooking Corbina on the LC is relatively rare Albert, at least in my case, lol. I've only caught two on the LC in five years. I think I got this one on Sunday for this reason... I saw no signs of Sand Crab beds at all that day. Maybe the Bean was hungry and couldn't find enough Sand Crabs to feed on so it decided to chase bait fish. Bad for him, good for me!
    Have a Merry Christmas buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmoo312 View Post
    Congratulations on the new PB corbina and another legal hali!
    Must have felt great to finish off a busy week with an awesome day of fishing.
    Thanks for the report!

-Daniel
    Thanks Daniel, I'm glad that I felt well enough to get out there, it was well worth it. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Which Way Out View Post
    The 3 Broamigos hit the beach and score.

Thanks for sharing Arthur, the water looks great in that parting shot. Take care of the puppies.
    Getting to to say anything clever other than, Nice Fish....

WWO
    The water quality was excellent on Sunday, crystal clear and 90% salad free.
    Hope you can find some time to get out there before year end Bill.
    Enjoy your 1st Christmas in the new place.

Quote Originally Posted by skunked4life View Post
    Hope you and the pup feel better!
    Always excited to see reports from the pros.
    Wingnut Pug is up, running around and eating good again...

Quote Originally Posted by troublehook View Post
    You did way better than we did Commander. Binh and I didn't catch a damn thing all weekend up north.
    Congrats on the nice Corbina and Halibut.
    I told you guys to hire a guide bro... Don't think of it as an expense, it's an investment.
    Merry Christmas my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by m2oz90277 View Post
    Wingnut,
    I'm just starting to surf fish for halibut using LCs. I've been searching this site for as much info as possible and it's been very helpful. Can I ask what type of rod and reel you are using? Also, how far are you casting? Thanks for your help.
    My favorite set-up the throw hard baits is a Carrot Stix 7' 10" Medium 10-20 lb line rating rod, paired up with a Daiwa Luna 253 or Pluton. You want your rod to have somewhat of a parabolic action to absorb the violent head shakes of the Halibut.
    As for the casting, just cast as far as you can and start retrieving, I get most of my hits about half way in all the ups to a few feet in front of me. Always finish off your retrieve...

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    Arturo!!!!
    It was great to see you felt better and made the journey all the way down South.
    That bean was sweeeeet!!! Fair hooked it right in the sweet spot.
    When I got home, I checked my biggin and you got me beat by 5"...
    That was the highlight fish of the morning...
    That 25" flatty wasn't to bad either...
    But we all know, that my 30"er is toying with S.W.A.T. memebers right now...
    It's okay though, It will be that much sweeter when I grab it's *** before the year end...
    That picture of Wingnut is cute, to bad about her tooth, she'll fell better in no time...

John,
    Pleasant surprise seeing you Bro!
    What was that fish you caught, you know the one, where you were screaming like you landed a great White from the surf...
    Was it a bass?
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and if you aint doing anything this weekend, well you know where I'll be...

Take Care & God Bless,
    Robert
    <><
    I'm so glad that I woke up Sunday morning feeling good... I really wanted to fish and hang out with you Roberto.
    That Corbina was definitely the highlight of my day and the legal Hali was a nice bonus.
    Thanks again for making the right call... Can't believe that I lost that brute. You are right, when one of us nail that fish, it will be that much sweeter.
    I know you will be out there making a run at the S.W.A.T. Leader Board the last couple of week. Good luck bro and I might join us again this weekend.
    Merry Christmas to you and the Family.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Nice Buttandbean. Wanting to fish Corbina this year but it never happened.
    Used to many fisherman that focused on them with sandcrabs.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by The Fishing Queen View Post
    Cute picture of the puppy. Love to read a report like this, with pets, family and friends. There are more important things in our life besides just catching fish. Congrats on your catch and thanks for sharing this with us!
    Thanks Alice, I really enjoy reading your reports too... you "get it."
    Have a Merry Christmas and best wishes in the coming New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipple Twister View Post
    What a great morning session, after some dismal results the last couple sessions at some northern AO’s I had decided to head south and see what develops. After some hurry up “honey do’s” on Saturday I was able to clear the whole day Sunday………..YEAH BABY!
    Rolling up to the parking area it appears empty except for two lone vehicles and what looks like a couple shadows with antenna’s sticking up but as I get closer I quickly recognize the figure before me, Arthur and Robert!
    After some quick hellos I was ordered to dress ASAP and meet on the water, there was some new AO Intel that required some hard core recon, I’m in!
    Seeing the two masters at work in itself was worth the price of admission, and I was also recalling my instructions to SWAT rule #57……….

Was good just to be out in the water, bring up the rear trying to look for any slight “fishy water” I was flinging all over the place, Robert leading the team to victory we drop right into what he felt was there and the Perch start hittin.

I can see the leaders having the same results but with a little more spot adjustment based on Roberts Intel Arthur goes El Bendo! Well, as you have already read he lands some nice fish with one being a PB, was very exciting, Perchin Dave nailed it when he said “the best times are the ones less planned”……..so true, thx Dave.

After a very cool few hours Arthur had prior commitments and had to go……Nice job Commander, your knowledge, persistence and drive brings others to that level, impressive.

Robert and I continue out assault as the tide continues to recede but there are still some known structure we have to hit. Robert grabs some more Perch and a couple shorties and with the next hour or so he has to split as well. After a quick handshake we parts ways, just as he gets away I get a quick hit and it’s FISH ON! Pretty wild run and it l o n g way back to the dry sand I guess I was hoopin and hollering a lot based on Robert recap I landed my first Sand Bass from the surf:

Couple more Perch:

By now the water was getting too shallow and the wind picking up I decided to call it myself……with a grin ear to ear I made my way back down the beach recapping the session in my head……gentlemen, thank you for letting me drop in and tag along………milestone for sure…..thx

John, this LC that I gave you really have some miles on it...

Glad that we chose the same battlefield Sunday morning. Congrats on your first surf Sand Bass, very cool.
    I felt so lucky to get so many consecutive hits after stinking it up to start the morning, lol.
    Good luck on the hunt Saturday and I will be anxiously waiting for your update.
    Merry Christmas to you & yours my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Well Brotha......yet another successful session in the salt with a couple of great friends!.... Just what the doctor ordered!
    I am very happy to hear that you are feeling better! I am also feeling better after almost two weeks of being sick.

I really liked that you included Dana 57 in this report.............through you and his close friends......."He will always be with us"!

Poseidon has definitely shined his blessings down on you my friend......"because you are deserving"!

Thanx for the fine read with pic's Arthur!

"Merry Christmas" and may God's blessings always be with you and your family!

SP Dan <"))><
    Fishing is indeed the best medicine. I'm happy to hear that you have recovered nicely yourself Dan.
    Dana will always be in our hearts...
    Merry Christmas to you and Rhonda and best wishes in the coming New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by TaperSteve View Post
    Another PB and also a legal hali for Wingnut..... congrats buddy! Def can't get enough of your reports and pics keep 'em coming!

TS
    Thank you Steve... it was certainly a good morning in the surf. Merry Christmas to you & yours my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Arthur my friend....... You never cease to amaze me with your dedication to your family and to this wonderful sport that has infected our souls for life. Your reports always seem to balance out perfectly every aspect of life proving that it is possible to excel at fishing and business while never neglecting the most important things like family,friends and even your prized little furry companions.
    WOW.....You weren't kidding when you told me that your PB bean was a toad. I could hear you screaming "White Sea Bass" when she took that initial bolt for open water. Way to go taking the lead over the entire SWAT team on the legal Halibut count for the year too!
    That new structure that Robert located looks amazing and even though you told me that you couldn't believe there wasn't more quality fish in it.......It will stack up sooner or later for sure. It looks absolutely sick and now both you and Robert have a score to settle there on the loss of a few bigger fish.
    I plan on a few final assaults before we wrap up 2012 and hope we get a chance to bid farewell to this season and start a new one on the sand my friend.

I wish you and your family all of the best throughout the holiday season......MERRY FISHMAS BROTHA!
    "Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt and Dance like no one is watching." That's how to live life...
    Thanks for "getting it" and for your friendship Mike. Merry Christmas to you & yours my friend.
    You know me too well buddy, the first thing I yelled when that fish took off running was "White Sea Bass!"
    It took off like a torpedo and I was sure it was a Ghost...
    You better hit the surf hard the next couple of weeks and protect your lead on the Leader Board bro, Robert is planning to make one heck of a charge...

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Hey Arthur,
    Sorry I didn't get to congratulate you properly in my text...was busy with my son's swim lesson. Way to go with the PB bean and legal flattie! I was getting geared up at A.O. #2 wondering if you guys were gonna show up but figured you had made it further down the road...good call! Not that I had a bad session but didn't compare to the damage you guys did. Hope you and Wingnut pug are feeling better. I gotta try that dinner A.O. some day. As good as the Iron Chef is at putting a meal together, I gotta imagine that place is awesome if it was your restaurant of choice.

John,
    Congrats on your first sand bass! Always a nice surprise rolling up on some friends when going out on a mission.

Robert,
    Great job keeping Arthur on track and getting him lined up for the attack! That 30"+ flattie is making this personal...time to go get that bass-turd! 3rd time's a charm, right!

Nice going guys!!!
    Don
    Thanks Don, and let me be the first to congratulate you on the legal Hali today.
    Conditions looks pretty good for the weekend if it doesn't rain hard... maybe we need to head back out there and teach that big Hali a lesson not to mess with S.W.A.T.
    Have a Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    Sick session Art. Is that the same beach that you took us to when we fish with Robert and John that last time?
    Like Sokha said, we spent two days targeting Stripers in the San Fransico Bay for a skunk.
    You were right, should have taken your advice and hired a guide.
    I thought for sure you would have taken Lynn to Chaya, but Mr. Chow is an excellent choice too.
    Thanks for the Christmas card bro, Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Same beach bro... it's time...
    Next time you fish the SF area, hire a guide! Just do it one time, that's all you need.
    I actually wanted to go the Chaya, but she wanted to go to Mr. Chow... it's her birthday after all.
    Have a wonderful Holiday bro.
    Last edited by Wingnut; 12-12-2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Adding Replies...

Smile S.W.A.T. Challenge Leader Board.

Attention: Guys & Gals of S.W.A.T.

Here are the trophies for the
    S.W.A.T. Challenge Leader Board for 2012.
    You have until the 31st to make a run!

and the most coveted award of all...

Those are some sweet trophies. I especially like the last one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    [SIZE=3]
    and the most coveted award of all...
    That's SO wrong!!!

Wingnut,
    Thanks for the advice.

i bet if you switched to grubs, you could have caught more beans

Nice report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast