Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Party of Three 12/9 "PB" Bean & Legal Halibut. Plus a Few Bonus Reports!

You did way better than we did Commander. Binh and I didn't catch a damn thing all weekend up north.
    Congrats on the nice Corbina and Halibut.

Default Newbie to halibut fishing

Wingnut,
    I'm just starting to surf fish for halibut using LCs. I've been searching this site for as much info as possible and it's been very helpful. Can I ask what type of rod and reel you are using? Also, how far are you casting? Thanks for your help.

Arturo!!!!
    It was great to see you felt better and made the journey all the way down South.
    That bean was sweeeeet!!! Fair hooked it right in the sweet spot.
    When I got home, I checked my biggin and you got me beat by 5"...
    That was the highlight fish of the morning...
    That 25" flatty wasn't to bad either...
    But we all know, that my 30"er is toying with S.W.A.T. memebers right now...
    It's okay though, It will be that much sweeter when I grab it's *** before the year end...
    That picture of Wingnut is cute, to bad about her tooth, she'll fell better in no time...

John,
    Pleasant surprise seeing you Bro!
    What was that fish you caught, you know the one, where you were screaming like you landed a great White from the surf...
    Was it a bass?
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and if you aint doing anything this weekend, well you know where I'll be...

Take Care & God Bless,
    Robert
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by murrieta angler View Post
    That picture of Wingnut is cute...
    Yo Robert I don't think the Iron Chef would appreciate you making comments about her man

Nice Buttandbean. Wanting to fish Corbina this year but it never happened.
    Used to many fisherman that focused on them with sandcrabs.
    DR

Cute picture of the puppy. Love to read a report like this, with pets, family and friends. There are more important things in our life besides just catching fish. Congrats on your catch and thanks for sharing this with us!

What a great morning session, after some dismal results the last couple sessions at some northern AO’s I had decided to head south and see what develops. After some hurry up “honey do’s” on Saturday I was able to clear the whole day Sunday………..YEAH BABY!
    Rolling up to the parking area it appears empty except for two lone vehicles and what looks like a couple shadows with antenna’s sticking up but as I get closer I quickly recognize the figure before me, Arthur and Robert!
    After some quick hellos I was ordered to dress ASAP and meet on the water, there was some new AO Intel that required some hard core recon, I’m in!
    Seeing the two masters at work in itself was worth the price of admission, and I was also recalling my instructions to SWAT rule #57……….

Was good just to be out in the water, bring up the rear trying to look for any slight “fishy water” I was flinging all over the place, Robert leading the team to victory we drop right into what he felt was there and the Perch start hittin.

I can see the leaders having the same results but with a little more spot adjustment based on Roberts Intel Arthur goes El Bendo! Well, as you have already read he lands some nice fish with one being a PB, was very exciting, Perchin Dave nailed it when he said “the best times are the ones less planned”……..so true, thx Dave.

After a very cool few hours Arthur had prior commitments and had to go……Nice job Commander, your knowledge, persistence and drive brings others to that level, impressive.

Robert and I continue out assault as the tide continues to recede but there are still some known structure we have to hit. Robert grabs some more Perch and a couple shorties and with the next hour or so he has to split as well. After a quick handshake we parts ways, just as he gets away I get a quick hit and it’s FISH ON! Pretty wild run and it l o n g way back to the dry sand I guess I was hoopin and hollering a lot based on Robert recap I landed my first Sand Bass from the surf:

Couple more Perch:

By now the water was getting too shallow and the wind picking up I decided to call it myself……with a grin ear to ear I made my way back down the beach recapping the session in my head……gentlemen, thank you for letting me drop in and tag along………milestone for sure…..thx

Frank writes:
    Arthur, I couldnt stop laughing with the whole fabio thing, you should take it as a compliment John!

...it's all good, no worries..........had I known I would have let it grow earlier........not bad company to be associated with huh?

Robert said:
    John,
    Pleasant surprise seeing you Bro!
    What was that fish you caught, you know the one, where you were screaming like you landed a great White from the surf...
    Was it a bass?
    Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and if you aint doing anything this weekend, well you know where I'll be...
    Was my first from the surf, was exciting for me.....hahahahahahaha....lol.....not like me to go to extremes ......!

See you Sat.......

Well Brotha......yet another successful session in the salt with a couple of great friends!.... Just what the doctor ordered!
    I am very happy to hear that you are feeling better! I am also feeling better after almost two weeks of being sick.

I really liked that you included Dana 57 in this report.............through you and his close friends......."He will always be with us"!

Poseidon has definitely shined his blessings down on you my friend......"because you are deserving"!

Thanx for the fine read with pic's Arthur!

"Merry Christmas" and may God's blessings always be with you and your family!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 12-12-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast