Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Party of Three 12/9 "PB" Bean & Legal Halibut. Plus a Few Bonus Reports!

Red face S.W.A.T. Party of Three 12/9 "PB" Bean & Legal Halibut. Plus a Few Bonus Reports!

This has been a very busy week for me…
    Work is ramping up nicely for the Holiday Season and there are some personal business I had to handle, so I stayed in town this week to take care of them.

Monday, I took Wingnut Pug to get one of her back tooth extracted. Did you know that getting a tooth extracted for a dog costs as much as getting your own tooth pulled?!?

I found that out and the Pet Insurance don’t even cover it.

Poor thing, not a happy camper afterwards.

Tuesday, I gave my family a ride to the airport and gave them a nice send off. My Mom and Sister are taking my Dad back to Viet Nam for a couple of weeks to visit the old country… possibly for his last time. Personally, I would have taken him to Vegas, but that’s his wish, so be it.

Wednesday was the Iron Chef’s Birthday. So I took her to dinner at our favorite restaurant.
    Invited one of her sisters and her aunt to join us.

Thursday and Friday was beyond crazy, trying to catch up at work after taking a couple days off…

Saturday morning, I went to pay my respects to Dana (Fisherman 57) before heading into the office again.

Sunday was my day, I’m going fishing!

I was talking to Robert (Murrieta Angler) earlier in the week and we made plans to hit a new spot where he lost a 30”+ Halibut last week.

I guess the hectic week wore me down, because I woke up Saturday morning with a headache and a slight fever.

It feels like I’m starting to come down with something, so I took like 3000 milligram of Vitamin C and drank a ton of liquids trying to fight it off. That night, the Iron Chef made me a big bowl of Chao (Vietnamese Rice Porridge Soup) and I went to bed early.
    I text Robert and told him that if I feel better when I wake up at 4:00am, I will meet him at the A.O. If not, I’m staying in bed and wished him good luck.

4:00am and I actually felt much better… whoohoo, time to hit the road!

I met Roberto in the A.O. parking lot about 5:45am and we started gearing up. A car pulls up in the dark and I said to Robert, “Hey, that looks like John’s (Nipple Twister) Jeep.”
    Out comes John… SURPRISE!!! Three’s company and we hit the surf together...

Wow, beautiful conditions! Peak 6’ high tide, moderate swells, very little salad, crystal clear water. Water temp. actually went up a few degrees to about 62 and the wind was minimal. Robert was right, the structure at this beach was insane. A deep 4 ft trough, running the entire length of the beach for at least half a mile.

John and I followed Robert’s lead as we worked our way down the beach. Robert and John were picking off a few Perch here and there and I wasn’t getting any love at all... not even a bump on the LC. After about an hour and a half of constant casting and not even getting a courtesy tap, I motioned to Robert to turn around and head back the other way… Robert waved back and shook his head… he wanted to keep moving further down in the same direction. I grudgingly followed behind…

All I have to say is “THANK YOU” Robert for making the right call!

Moments later… with Robert to my right and John to my left, on about a twenty yards section of beach, within a 10 minute span, I got four hook-ups and landed three fish… I can’t even explain it… but I'm not complaining.

The first was my Personal Best Corbina that I thought was a White Sea Bass the way it fought.

The release…

Next, came a short 20” Halibut…

Then a nice 25” legal Halibut hit the sand. K.I.A.

Then… a BIG loss… I won’t even go into it. But all three of us were bummed.

We worked the area for another hour and I had to leave at 9:00am. Robert and John kept fishing. I think they got more Perch, a few short Halibut and some Bass. Maybe, they will post up some pics of their catch later.

Roberto, you da Man bro!
    If you didn’t insist on staying in that area, I would have gone the other way and missed out big time. My Spidey Senses was totally off this morning and you nailed it! Thanks for inviting me to your new hot spot and I just KNOW that Poseidon will bless you with a 30” plus Hali soon!

John, such a pleasant surprise to see your smile this morning my friend. I’m always honored whenever I get the chance to fish with Fabio!
    You are one of the few people I fish with that ever see me go down in the surf… That’s what I get for checking out the “scenery” instead of paying attention to the surf, hahahaha

… and my Redskins won again today, perfect ending to the week. Have a great week and Merry Christmas everybody!

Arthur (Wingnut)

”Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t really need, to impress people they don’t even like…”

Some extra pics…

Why is Robert showing me his socks you ask…? I have no idea…

S.W.A.T.’s very own… Fabio!

Robert, you really should have somebody take a look at that lump on your back bro…

My parting shots…

Last edited by Wingnut; 12-22-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Adding Bonus Report #3

Like always, great report Arthur
    Congrats on the legal and extra congrats for the PB Bean.
    How many legals are you at this year?????

Thien

Arthur,

First of all I'm glad you are feeling better My Friend! And Thank You for the pic from your visit with our Friend Fisherman 57.

The text this morning announcing your personal best corbina put a smile on my face because I know good things come to Good People! That was a phrase Dana used and I Believe it is very true.

Sounds like it was a good day on the water with Robert and John and I wish I could have been there with you guys!

I'll be talking to you soon...........

By the way, Emilie says to take good care of Wingnut Pug!

Great looking bean Arthur, Never seen one that big before. Thanks for the great pics and report. Take care buddy

Whats up guys!
    Once again great outing and another legal bites to dust.
    The water looks great! im getting that itch right about now, lol.
    Arthur, I couldnt stop laughing with the whole fabio thing, you should take it as a compliment John!
    Roberto, nice socks bro. Are those the new simms waterproof socks in vanilla color? lol!

A PB and a legal in 10 minutes. Very impressive commander. I'm sure the boys couldn't believe their eyes Nice job as always. Put a little Orajel on Wingnut pugs gums. Poor guy.

I never knew Corbinas would strike the FM 110, you really got some Poseidon blessing.
    Congrats on the legal and hope your pug feels better now.
    Great report as always Arthur. Thanks.

Congratulations on the new PB corbina and another legal hali!
    Must have felt great to finish off a busy week with an awesome day of fishing.
    Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

The 3 Broamigos hit the beach and score.

Thanks for sharing Arthur, the water looks great in that parting shot. Take care of the puppies.
    Getting to to say anything clever other than, Nice Fish....

WWO

Hope you and the pup feel better!
    Always excited to see reports from the pros.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast