Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: How's the fishing guys?

Default How's the fishing guys?

Let us know... good or bad!

I hit the lake up on Sunday around 11:30 pm and they had a tournament going maybe 50 plus boats . I had one bite for the day but it was a real nice toad around 23" .I asked how the tournament went and it was won by a little over ten pounds also said.that some of the guys fishing the tournament got skunked so I guess the bite was a little tough out there but worth that one fish. I can't post picks from my phone will not allow me sorry.

How is the algae right now......big clumps and still all over or going away??

Algae is very light almost gone nothing like two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by karalm View Post
    How is the algae right now......big clumps and still all over or going away??
    algae is very minimal. the sun is spiking it. ge a good warm day and its coming back as a slim surface layer. nothing to make it a problem. if anything, its helping the bite.

Glad to hear guys!! Looking forward to my annual striper hunt that I won during the guide auction at the Striper King Classic. Trying to better my epic trip last year when I got a 15 and 8 lber!!

Slow, Slow, Slow.....on the LMB...You'll get bit if you stay at it but the fish are few and far between. I got one LMB close to 6lbs on a hud about two weeks ago on my last outing but I managed a good 3 rainbows today on nightcrawlers and in line spinners...all in 3-4lb range. We had more hits but weren't using treble hooks and missed a good half a dozen bows between me and my father in law(sucks, but it's fishing). LMB fishing is tough now but i'd say the trout are biting well.
    Last edited by TheTrueFisherman; 12-07-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Default not a lot of guys talking on here so here's a little about the lake.

yep just gotta grind it out
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 12-08-2012 at 10:45 PM.