Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: President Obama, make the call.

Default President Obama, make the call.

Gangnam Rapper

Obama needs to cancel this guy at the upcoming Christmas concert.
    Make the call Mr President.
    Anti American trash talking Korean Rapper.
    How many US soldiers died fighting communism in Korea.
    Read his lyrics below, OMG. And this fool is going to perform for our president ?
    DR

PSY, the South Korean rapper behind the most watched YouTube video of all time, is making headlines again after it was discovered that he rapped about American military members and their families being killed "slowly and painfully" during a 2004 protest.

Some of his lyrics.

' Kill those [expletive] Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives / Kill those [expletive] Yankees who ordered them to torture / Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law, and fathers / Kill them all slowly and painfully '

LOS ANGELES, Dec 7 (Reuters) - The South Korean pop singer behind the viral smash hit "Gangnam Style" apologized on Friday for past concerts featuring anti-American lyrics, ahead of a holiday performance to be attended by U.S. President Barack Obama and his family.

Psy issued the apology after reports surfaced in the United States on Friday about his participation in two performances critical of the U.S. military in 2004.

Psy's "Gangnam Style" Korean pop and dance video is now the most-watched video ever on YouTube, with more than 900 million views since it was first uploaded in July.

"While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self, I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted," the rapper said in a statement.

"I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words," he added.

In one performance, which Psy said was from eight years ago, the rapper protested the deaths of two teenage South Korean girls who were run over by a U.S. tank stationed in the country.

In a separate performance, Psy was critical of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq and its occupation, in which South Korean forces participated.

Psy is scheduled to perform at the annual "Christmas in Washington" television special that will also be attended by Obama and his family, the White House said on Friday. Broadcaster TNT said Psy would still perform as planned. (Reporting by Eric Kelsey; Additional reporting by Mark Felsenthal in Washington; Editing by Jill Serjeant and Peter Cooney)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2260603.html

A lot of our rappers have sung about killing cops and all kinds of crap yet are routinely accepted and used in all kinds of promotions and concerts.

I'm afraid this is no different. I don't agree with it but it is what it is.

By the way I dislike the saying "it is what it is" just about as much as the "haters" tag but it sounded appropriate!

"Dear Leader" ain't callin', the phones is on hold and off the hook with Egypt!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3AMCall.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	38251