Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody know any good REAL lakes I can go to within an hour drive of my location?

Silverwood, Castaic, Pyramid, DVL, Parris Skinner. They are all within 1.5 hours from you. They are the premier lakes in these here parts cowboy!
    They are all waiting out there to wip your Ars and send you back packing to the Wood after some sever SKUNK action!
    Keep your powder dry, your lines tight, and your drag lose.

KP

pudding stone isnt all that bad, better than any of the man made mud hole pay lakes

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker Of Fish View Post
    What species of fish do you prefer? That will dictate what lake you want. Do have a boat or are you a shore fisherman?
    More info is needed to guide you to the right place

As far as natural lakes there are two near you Crystal lake up HWY 39 and Lake Elsinore . Crystal maybe iced over now
    Elsinore is a little dead except after trout plants
    Elsinore has not had a trout plant in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker Of Fish View Post
    ...As far as natural lakes there are two near you Crystal lake up HWY 39 and Lake Elsinore . Crystal maybe iced over now
    Elsinore is a little dead except after trout plants
    You beat me to it. Those are the only two I can think of down south, can't really even throw in the Salton Sea. Give the eastern Pacific a try, although right now its options are pretty limited.
    That being said, DVL is right up there with as "real" lake, maybe you could even say Perris or Henshaw. Drive a bit and Castaic, Casitas, Pyramid and Cachuma could argue over the "real" moniker. Maybe Barrett, but that one has to wait a couple of months.
    Why not just fish what we have and enjoy it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12