Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Which is better Bishop or Mammoth

Default Which is better Bishop or Mammoth

hey everyone, i am trying to look into getting a guide for some good fishing around spring time, probably around may. which would be better in your opinion and which has better guides. mammoth or bishop. thanks in advance for all the help and advice *JBfish*

Nobody does it better than Fill.

http://troutdude.com/
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 11-27-2012 at 10:25 PM.

lower owens out of bishop. high water in may in mammoth.

There is great fishing at Sabrina Lake. It is the largest lake in the Canyon. Amazing views make Sabrina a popular spot with photographers but the fishing is what brings most visitors. Rainbow, Brown and Brook trout can be found in the lake. I like it because there is plenty of shore access. There are rentals boats and Kayaks to get to the honey holes much easier. It is a beautiful place. I went there last year and hoping to make it back this next year. My uncle that has passed fished here.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Reellady46 View Post
    There is great fishing at Sabrina Lake. It is the largest lake in the Canyon. Amazing views make Sabrina a popular spot with photographers but the fishing is what brings most visitors. Rainbow, Brown and Brook trout can be found in the lake. I like it because there is plenty of shore access. There are rentals boats and Kayaks to get to the honey holes much easier. It is a beautiful place. I went there last year and hoping to make it back this next year. My uncle that has passed fished here.

Good Luck
    I agree with the surroundings at Lake Sabrina. Very beautiful area.

But, the only problem is I believe trout season has closed in the Eastern Sierras and most bodies of water are closed until April, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I agree with the surroundings at Lake Sabrina. Very beautiful area.

But, the only problem is I believe trout season has closed in the Eastern Sierras and most bodies of water are closed until April, 2013.
    Yes it is closed til then. Jbfish is wanting to go in May.